Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-30-2020, 05:11 AM   #1

Pentax with Fuji X mount lens???

Is there an adapter that allows you to mount x mount lens on a pentax? I am trying to find products but google confuses my search with the opposite! Keeps showing my adapters for pentax lens on a fuji.

Any thoughts?

And please dont start pulling my leg on why i wanna do this and that hahahahah

12-30-2020, 05:13 AM   #2
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
as far as I know, there is not an adapter that would allow Fuji X to K-mount.....

just thinking out loud, but that adapter would have to have an optic mounted to give the correction necessary for the extremely short registration distance....
12-30-2020, 05:17 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
It would maybe be possible to mount these lenses on Pentax Q, but not a K-mount cameras, as they have much longer flange distance than mirrorless X mount.
12-30-2020, 05:18 AM   #4
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Hello
I am also interested in an adapter that allows me to use my Fujinon-X in pentax, but from what I have seen there are problems, in principle I think it is because of the registration distance from fujinon-x to Pentax K. (If I am wrong, I ask sorry).
I would be delighted to find an adapter of this type. If anyone knows something, feel free to comment.
Thank you

12-30-2020, 05:28 AM   #5
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

additionally, most native X-mounts are focus-by-wire/aperture control-by-wire, which would not be possible with an adapter....
12-30-2020, 06:50 AM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
additionally, most native X-mounts are focus-by-wire/aperture control-by-wire, which would not be possible with an adapter....
Possible - but complex. Not going to happen for Pentax unless someone is very dedicated. Also the registration/flange distance is a major reason to not even try.
12-30-2020, 07:50 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Gopersuel Quote
Hello
I am also interested in an adapter that allows me to use my Fujinon-X in pentax, but from what I have seen there are problems, in principle I think it is because of the registration distance from fujinon-x to Pentax K. (If I am wrong, I ask sorry).
I would be delighted to find an adapter of this type. If anyone knows something, feel free to comment.
Thank you
Here is a link with a table that you might find helpful...

Flange focal distance - Wikipedia

Steve

12-30-2020, 07:53 AM - 1 Like   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
...Unless one means Fujica-X, which might be adaptable, but would require a glass element.

Fujica X-mount - Wikipedia

Steve
12-30-2020, 08:03 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I read the subject line and thought first of Fujica X...the 35mm lens mount from the late 70s...

Fotodiox makes a corrected K-mount adapter for most 35mm and medium format mounts that aren't electronically controlled , but not Fujica X-mount shrug