Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 55 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2021, 05:25 PM   #91
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
The Novoflex arrived , I was not aware that it is actually made in Germany.
Superbly made , very precise.
No clicks on aperture control but very tight so no chance that you could change setting by mistake.
I’ll be interested in seeing comparison shots of the two adapters to see if there are any differences.

12-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #92
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I wish we could create some kind of comprehensive Database with all mount conversion adapters.

It was suggested but still nothing constructive came out from it.

Now if you want to learn about them and compare them you have to buy them.
12-20-2021, 05:56 AM   #93
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I wish we could create some kind of comprehensive Database with all mount conversion adapters.
With the number of no-brand-name options, that would become unwieldy pretty fast.

Now if you want to learn about them and compare them you have to buy them.
Luckily many are cheap enough.
12-20-2021, 06:28 AM   #94
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
With the number of no-brand-name options, that would become unwieldy pretty fast.

Luckily many are cheap enough.
Well , my growing initial experience is proving that most more expensive adapter are actually better or sometimes much better than cheap ones.

K&F is interesting , most Concept Pro ( orange / copper band ) are pretty good although PK ( lens ) are very tight and no aperture control so not so good for DA / DFA lenses.
The just K&F Concept ( silver band , no "Pro" ) are all over the place , poor quality , some OK but some much worse ( alignment ) .

So far the NOVOFLEX and FOTODIOX PRO both are excellent but expensive.

Still long way to go.

12-21-2021, 05:40 AM   #95
Pentaxian

Original Poster
The just K&F Concept ( silver band , no "Pro" ) are all over the place , poor quality , some OK but some much worse ( alignment ) .
That company really stepped up their game recently with several of their product lines. Regarding filters, I have seen "only ok" results from their earlier products, but recently with their Nano-X filters they're up there with the best, so much so that they'RE now my filters of choice. I also have one of their newer K-to-FE adapter and it's tightly made, no light leak, no wobble, fluid aperture control (but only mechanical, of course).
01-17-2022, 08:24 AM - 1 Like   #96
Pentaxian

MonsterAdapter just published the v02 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.

Facebook

QuoteOriginally posted by MonsterAdapter:
January 17, 2022

MonsterAdapter are pleased to release the v02 firmware of Pentax K to Sony E-mount electronic AF adapter LA-KE1. This firmware supports KAF3 and KAF4 lenses.

In the new version
  • SDM/DC and electromagnetic aperture drivers are added, which can support KAF4 lenses including the latest D-FA21 f2.4 Limited;
  • Enabled focus mode selection switch in the adapter body (only for supported dual-drive lenses);
  • More lenses supported, now exceeds 50;
  • Improved the overall stability.
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

List of supported lenses

01-17-2022, 09:25 AM   #97
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
MonsterAdapter just published the v02 firmware of their LA-KE1 Pentax K to Sony E electronic AF adapter.
This is great! That adds the 16-50, 50-135 and 60-250. Just this morning I was looking at this adapter on B&H thinking, man if it just covered those! I'm seriously considering, but now I wonder how it would handle these if they've been converted to screwdrive.

01-18-2022, 06:18 AM   #98
Pentaxian

Original Poster
This is a nice list. Surprising that not all screw-drive lenses are supported. Incidentally, it might be because they just haven't been tested, or because they need to be manually added to the firmware.

No F lenses are there, which isn't overly surprising.
01-18-2022, 07:17 AM - 1 Like   #99
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
(...)

No F lenses are there, which isn't overly surprising.
There are three of them.
01-18-2022, 11:55 AM   #100
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The F 1.7 AutoFocus Adapter (AFA) would be a cool addition if that’s at all possible. But based on the comments earlier it might not be possible due to the requirements of Sony AF system. It might work if there was a method to tell the adapter things about the lens attached but that seems far fetched.
01-24-2022, 06:50 AM   #101
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
There are three of them.
You know what, I read the list line by line and completely missed those three nonetheless...

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
The F 1.7 AutoFocus Adapter (AFA) would be a cool addition if that’s at all possible.
Agreed. But it's a marginal product in the scheme of things, I guess the designers would have to have access to one at some point (or ask me to beta-test :P :P )
02-06-2022, 02:27 AM - 1 Like   #102
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I finally did the FW update, and DA*55 now works, with a short lag between pressing shutter release button and taking the picture. It is somehow nice to see the half-stops in the exif
With F70 - 210 I can fully control the apperture in the camera; AF tries to work, but is very inaccurate.

A7II and DA*55 F1.7
Name:  DSC06815_2.jpg
Views: 178
Size:  250.1 KB

---------- Post added 06-02-22 at 11:40 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by tncowdaddy Quote
This is great! That adds the 16-50, 50-135 and 60-250. Just this morning I was looking at this adapter on B&H thinking, man if it just covered those! I'm seriously considering, but now I wonder how it would handle these if they've been converted to screwdrive.
I have converted SMC DA*16 - 50, and on A7II it works pretty fine.

It is interesting, that A7II recognizes DA*16 - 50 or DA 35mm Ltd as APSC lenses, but not the DA*55.

Last edited by arv; 02-06-2022 at 02:42 AM.
02-06-2022, 07:44 AM   #103
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

BH out of stock again.
02-06-2022, 07:50 AM   #104
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arv Quote
I finally did the FW update, and DA*55 now works, with a short lag between pressing shutter release button and taking the picture. It is somehow nice to see the half-stops in the exif
With F70 - 210 I can fully control the apperture in the camera; AF tries to work, but is very inaccurate.

A7II and DA*55 F1.7
Attachment 563843

---------- Post added 06-02-22 at 11:40 ----------

I have converted SMC DA*16 - 50, and on A7II it works pretty fine.

It is interesting, that A7II recognizes DA*16 - 50 or DA 35mm Ltd as APSC lenses, but not the DA*55.
It has been stated in another review that the adapter forces crop mode only of the lens doesn’t have close to full frame coverage. The lenses that are mostly ff are left in ff mode unless forced by the user to go to ff. The decision seems a wise one.
02-06-2022, 12:15 PM   #105
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
It has been stated in another review that the adapter forces crop mode only of the lens doesn’t have close to full frame coverage. The lenses that are mostly ff are left in ff mode unless forced by the user to go to ff. The decision seems a wise one.
Thanks!
I was surprised - after reading your post googled and found a review at pcmag, which seems pretty fear. It would be nice to have a review here, at PF.

Last edited by arv; 02-07-2022 at 12:13 PM.