Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 55 Likes Search this Thread
03-01-2021, 02:00 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
I think that's a fair assessment, but I think it's still pretty pricey. We'll see what the performance is like. If it's a strong performer, and is durable (within reason), then it would potentially pay for itself pretty quickly. Bring on the independent reviews!
For people who already have e-mount camera and K-lenses, sure. As far as I myself does not have Sony camera I would probably better to invest into the future Pentax K-3iii.

03-01-2021, 02:20 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
As far as I myself does not have Sony camera I would probably better to invest into the future Pentax K-3iii.
Definitely. But, for those of us who are firmly entrenched in both camps for whatever reason, it's very appealing to have the option.

I use almost all of my Pentax and third-party PKAF-mount glass on my Sony bodies already. Electronic coupling with AF would simply be the icing on the cake.
03-04-2021, 08:27 PM   #18
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
Bring on the independent reviews!
By all means I hope to be able to deliver one
03-04-2021, 10:22 PM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
For people who already have e-mount camera and K-lenses, sure. As far as I myself does not have Sony camera I would probably better to invest into the future Pentax K-3iii.
I shoot with my K1 for my AF lenses.
But I use an A7 for my manual Pentax lenses.

I certainly would wish Pentax makes a MILC for my Pentax lenses since I prefer the features, ergonomics, color and thoughtful design that goes into a Pentax.
However, looks like I have no choice but to fork out the cash for A7iii and this AF adapter when its out.

The capability to use AF lenses as well as manual ones on one camera is a significant enough for me to buy a A7iii.

Concerns on the AF adapter will be reliability and AF speed.
I would expect quite a demand for it so probably no choice but to grab one when its out and find out for myself.

03-05-2021, 02:15 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I certainly would wish Pentax makes a MILC for my Pentax lenses since I prefer the features, ergonomics, color and thoughtful design that goes into a Pentax.
However, looks like I have no choice but to fork out the cash for A7iii and this AF adapter when its out.
Pentax already has an K-Mount MILC: The K-01
Did you buy it? It's available used for <$300.
Pentax K-01 Review - Review Introduction | PentaxForums.com Reviews
Pentax K-01 - Pentax Mirrorless Interchangeable Lens Cameras - Pentax Camera Reviews and Specifications
03-05-2021, 04:39 AM - 1 Like   #21
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Pentax already has an K-Mount MILC: The K-01
Yes, and quite sadly, there was no available option for an EVF. That was the deal-breaker for me and many others.

I think the K-01 was (is) a very cool camera in many respects - none-the-least because of the significant DNA it shares with the K-5/-30/-50. (I still have a K-5 and a K-30 and they are great cameras). I even liked the styling of the K-01! But, without a viewfinder, I could simply not love it. If it had been offered with an EVF option, I totally would have been in line for one.

I think I can feel one of the moderators starting to quiver with how this is going! So, I'll (hopefully) help to reposition the stream by saying "I can't wait to read your review, bdery!"
03-06-2021, 02:14 AM   #22
Pentaxian

I think I held it and wrote about it here earlier than those reviews you are trying to sell me on ....
Hands-On Photos of the K-01 from Pentax Singapore User Group - Page 3 - PentaxForums.com

1. Don't like the Mark Newson design
2. Not FF
3. No EVF

At its time, I think AF was ok. (Pentax CDAF was never too slow actually vs the competition at that time)
Shutter response could be better, but I could accept it for a camera of that timeline.
I would have got one if it had an EVF.

Concerning mentioning other brand cameras like a Sony A7.
I let ppl on a wider forum (ie. Sony; Vintaage lenses; MF forums, FM forums) know and see that the Pentax lenses are as good as anything else they are using (and then some)
Else it is just an echo chamber here and in those forums that only CanikonZLeica knows how to make lenses because the mantra keeps getting chanted until it becomes some sort of 'truth'

03-06-2021, 05:58 AM - 1 Like   #23
Pentaxian

I let ppl on a wider forum...know and see that the Pentax lenses are as good as anything else they are using (and then some)
Absolutely! What's really fun is when someone gets to use Pentax glass for the first time and they realize it's really good stuff! They say, "How can that be?," and I say, "It's not Pentax's first rodeo."
03-06-2021, 11:41 AM   #24
Pentaxian

1. Don't like the Mark Newson design
  2. Not FF
  3. No EVF
  1. You can disguise it with an L-Bracket
  2. APS-C image circle supports more lenses
  3. EVF can be mounted
    LEYE 4K HDMI ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER 2.4inch LCD MONITOR
03-06-2021, 06:54 PM - 2 Likes   #25
Pentaxian

1. You can disguise it with an L-Bracket
  2. APS-C image circle supports more lenses
  3. EVF can be mounted
    LEYE 4K HDMI ELECTRONIC VIEWFINDER 2.4inch LCD MONITOR
Er... then sorry... bought a A7 a year later...
03-13-2021, 10:35 PM   #26
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&H allows pre-orders

Has anyone pre-ordered the adapter yet? The B&H in-stock deadline has passed and MonsterAdapter people don't seem to have a firm date, based on recent FB posts..
03-14-2021, 02:54 AM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
The B&H in-stock deadline has passed..
Currently at B&H:
QuoteQuote:
Expected availability: May 03, 2021
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1627137-REG/monster_adapter_la_ke1_pe...981&
03-14-2021, 12:05 PM   #28
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Thanks for the correcttion.. I mis-read May as Mar (March), my bad
So, there is something to look forward to.

---------- Post added 03-14-21 at 12:21 ----------

By the way, I wonder if the vendor will offer any warranty against bricking the Sony cameras we will be trying these on.
03-15-2021, 01:01 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by akptc Quote
By the way, I wonder if the vendor will offer any warranty against bricking the Sony cameras we will be trying these on.
I definitely don't think so! That's a good point. I have heard about other adapters doing that (anecdotally - I cannot recall a single verifiable incident, but then I haven't looked).
05-06-2021, 05:04 PM   #30
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well 5/3 has passed and still reads as coming soon ...