Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2021, 01:12 AM   #76
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I have got a quick replay from manufacturer:
"... This situation is caused by the differences in Pentax lenses between models and batches. Although we have made our best efforts to avoid this situation during the design and production, we found that most of the lenses are fine with the same FA43 f1.9 lens, but yours is not.

The specific reason is that the iris lever of your lens is slightly longer than others, which affects the normal operation of the iris motor in the adapter, so you will hear the sound but the iris cannot move.

I found two pictures from the Internet for your reference. The part inside the red mark is too long and caused the problem. The easiest way is to polish it shorter, which usually solves the problem. But not all people are willing to operate on their precious lens.

If you have a better way, please share it with us. If you are unwilling to operate on the lens, we understand it very well. In this case, we recommend that you use wide open when using this lens
.."

Name:  WX20211213-151600@2x.png
Views: 208
Size:  249.1 KB

I decided to keep an adapter. With FA 31mm and FA 77mm while AF is not the fastest, when it locks seems to be pretty accurate. I would like them to develop the product hoping for compatability with DA*55 .

12-13-2021, 07:37 AM - 1 Like   #77
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
Well , I think I will place this one on the back burner for the time being.
So , in the meantime , I am going to order :
Novoflex PK to E adapter ( rather expensive )
K&F Concept PK to E adapter ( rather cheap )
Both look good and both have manual basic Aperture control.
What is the difference between them , performance?
There is practically nothing online , you just have to buy them and try.
Guide to Adapters for Manual Lenses on the Sony a7 series - phillipreeve.net

I was surprised when I read this. I have tried a couple of adapters and thought there was nothing really different about them but I wonder now.
12-13-2021, 08:30 AM   #78
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote

I was surprised when I read this. I have tried a couple of adapters and thought there was nothing really different about them but I wonder now.
Wow, I'm glad I followed a Pentaxian's advice in this forum to get the K&F.
12-14-2021, 10:52 AM   #79
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Great , thank you.

JUL 2017 hopefully it will get updated.

12-14-2021, 01:09 PM   #80
Veteran Member

I have 3 K&F adapters, all work well.
12-14-2021, 01:30 PM   #81
arv
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have K&F adapter with aperture ring. The build quality is pretty fine, no wobbling. It stops down in full stop, and with DA*55 stops down till f11 (it has one more stop,but it does not change the aperture). To stop down the ring rotates anticlockwise, and it takes some time to get used. The stop at least in mine copy is short and very soft, so it is easy to change a few stops instead of just one. That’s quite annoying, but it works.
12-14-2021, 04:14 PM   #82
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by arv Quote
I have K&F adapter with aperture ring. The build quality is pretty fine, no wobbling. It stops down in full stop, and with DA*55 stops down till f11 (it has one more stop,but it does not change the aperture). To stop down the ring rotates anticlockwise, and it takes some time to get used. The stop at least in mine copy is short and very soft, so it is easy to change a few stops instead of just one. That’s quite annoying, but it works.
I also have one but I’d say it’s not at all calibrated in full stops. The clicks are a set distance and the amount of stopping down isn’t in exactly stops on mine. But it’s not a bad approximation to pretend they are full stops.

12-14-2021, 04:17 PM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK , I have K&F PK-E ( Sony ) and PK - FX ( Fuji )
Both are extremely tight , aperture ring clicks,
Fuji opens/closes fully , Sony does not open fully ( need to look at it , there are 4 screws on the mount , perhaps there is some adjustment ) .
Fotodiox PK - Z ( Nikon ) , aperture ring - no clicks , very smooth to use , opens/closes fully.
So , conclusion ; the Fotodiox is much better made/quality.
More adapters to come.
12-14-2021, 04:52 PM - 1 Like   #84
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the Novoflex. It does the (tedious) job of changing aperture perfectly, and unlike other brands, I know it's well made and sits absolutely flush with the mount. As Roger Cicala has pointed out in the past, the slightest tilt from a $7 adapter and what you've basically done is decentre every lens you put on it.

If you're not a pixel peeper, you might shrug your shoulders.

Camera companies work on that basis ... they save costs on rigorous quality control, sell lenses that might be decentred, and there will be many poor owners who don't realize they've bought one not up to spec.
12-14-2021, 05:06 PM - 1 Like   #85
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yes , I have Novoflex PK - E ( Sony ) coming ,
not cheap so better be very good.
12-14-2021, 06:32 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

OK , I have K&F PK-E ( Sony ) and PK - FX ( Fuji )
Both are extremely tight , aperture ring clicks,
Fuji opens/closes fully , Sony does not open fully ( need to look at it , there are 4 screws on the mount , perhaps there is some adjustment ) .
Fotodiox PK - Z ( Nikon ) , aperture ring - no clicks , very smooth to use , opens/closes fully.
So , conclusion ; the Fotodiox is much better made/quality.
More adapters to come.
My SONY K&F is similar. I can hold it open all the way but it tries to close a little - not much but a little. I wondered if that was common!
12-14-2021, 06:49 PM   #87
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Mine certainly is. Well worth it.

I have a Fotodiox adapter for Canon FD to Pentax K mount, and I might've 'done my dough', I should've known better than to buy something that has 'corrective glass' in it.
12-14-2021, 07:04 PM   #88
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

2x K&F adapters

The FX on the left ( good alignment ) , The E on the right ( aperture does not open fully ).
If possible , I will try to rectify the problem. The difference is very minimal.

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air (4th generation)  Photo 
12-15-2021, 06:29 AM   #89
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I also have one but I’d say it’s not at all calibrated in full stops. The clicks are a set distance and the amount of stopping down isn’t in exactly stops on mine. But it’s not a bad approximation to pretend they are full stops.
I'll have to check mine. Luckily a Sony camera exposes for the light actually coming through.
12-17-2021, 04:54 PM   #90
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

German quality

The Novoflex arrived , I was not aware that it is actually made in Germany.
Superbly made , very precise.
No clicks on aperture control but very tight so no chance that you could change setting by mistake.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
IPad Air (4th generation)  Photo