Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-06-2021, 08:34 AM - 5 Likes   #1
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,772
Update for the Pentax-Sony E LA-KE1 adapter

Hi!

I've received an update from the folks at Monster Adapter making the Pentax-Sony E LA-KE1 adapter.

They have had delays procuring some chips for the adapter, which is now sorted out.

They have also been tweaking the AF response for some specific lenses.

Their plan is to launch in February, let's hope this target date holds!

01-06-2021, 08:40 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
jumbleview's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: Concord, CA
Posts: 791
Good news. Waiting for your review. Are there price estimate available?
01-06-2021, 09:52 AM   #3
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,772
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
Waiting for your review.
I really look forward to testing it!

QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
Are there price estimate available?
Not that I know.
01-06-2021, 01:07 PM   #4
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: mid nth coast,nsw
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,651
QuoteOriginally posted by jumbleview Quote
Good news. Waiting for your review. Are there price estimate available?
They have indicated U$ 350ish which is par for the course for a reasonable quality AF adapter.Actually cheap when one considers the cost of the G and GM level glass.

QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Not that I know.


01-21-2021, 11:18 AM   #5
Pentaxian
Mistral75's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Paris, France
Posts: 6,676
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
Hi!

I've received an update from the folks at Monster Adapter making the Pentax-Sony E LA-KE1 adapter.

They have had delays procuring some chips for the adapter, which is now sorted out.

They have also been tweaking the AF response for some specific lenses.

Their plan is to launch in February, let's hope this target date holds!
Their statement posted on Weibo on 28 December 2020:

微博

Monster Adapter LA-KE1 Pentax-Sony adapter launch delay notice

Dear friends,

Due to the price increase of wafers, the price of the main processor of the Monster Adapter has increased significantly and the processor is out of stock. We have spent a lot of effort to coordinate this recently. The problem has now been solved and the chips are becoming available.

Please don't worry, the impact of this cost increase will be borne by us and the final retail price will remain unchanged. At the same time, we will not reduce the quality or workmanship. However, we will need to re-optimise our production schedule to offset some of the cost increases.

As a result, the original delivery date of New Year's Day could no longer be met. Due to the fact that the internal structure of the Pentax adapter is more complex than other electronic adapters, with a very large number of parts, the production line schedule is not fully available yet and we have tentatively set it until February 1, 2021. We apologise for any disruption this may cause!

For those who have already paid a deposit for the LA-KE1 adapter, if we are still unable to ship it by February 1st, we will take $100 off the final payment as compensation.

Thank you for your support and trust!
01-22-2021, 06:54 AM   #6
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,772
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Their statement posted on Weibo on 28 December 2020:

微博

Monster Adapter LA-KE1 Pentax-Sony adapter launch delay notice

Dear friends,

Due to the price increase of wafers, the price of the main processor of the Monster Adapter has increased significantly and the processor is out of stock. We have spent a lot of effort to coordinate this recently. The problem has now been solved and the chips are becoming available.

Please don't worry, the impact of this cost increase will be borne by us and the final retail price will remain unchanged. At the same time, we will not reduce the quality or workmanship. However, we will need to re-optimise our production schedule to offset some of the cost increases.

As a result, the original delivery date of New Year's Day could no longer be met. Due to the fact that the internal structure of the Pentax adapter is more complex than other electronic adapters, with a very large number of parts, the production line schedule is not fully available yet and we have tentatively set it until February 1, 2021. We apologise for any disruption this may cause!

For those who have already paid a deposit for the LA-KE1 adapter, if we are still unable to ship it by February 1st, we will take $100 off the final payment as compensation.

Thank you for your support and trust!
I did not know a deposit was even possible
01-22-2021, 09:13 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Lowell Goudge's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 16,968
it is interesting for me, only if pentax ever stops building cameras,, but i wonder about full compatibility in terms of issues already seen with sigma lenses for newer pentax bodies for example. are monster adaptors lisencing the K mount?

01-22-2021, 09:38 AM   #8
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,772
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
are monster adaptors lisencing the K mount?
I doubt they are, I have not red of anyone ever doing that.
02-21-2021, 07:59 AM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
photocles's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Connacht, Ireland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 442
As we're rapidly approaching the end of February, has anyone heard anything further about the potential shipping date for the LA-KE1?


I was happy to see that the Monster Adapter crew has/is launching the Nikon adapter, too, and that they are actually behind AF adapters already on the market. It helps build confidence that, when the Pentax version finally does ship, it will be better than just a beta version rushed to market. I really hope it will live up to the expectation.

Last edited by photocles; 02-21-2021 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Clarity!
02-21-2021, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #10
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,185
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
I've received an update from the folks at Monster Adapter making the Pentax-Sony E LA-KE1 adapter.
Sad that the main Thread about the LA-KE1 had to be closed during the AF of K-70 discussions. There are the informations and Links about the Adapter:
The world's first PK-FE autofocus transfer ring - PentaxForums.com


QuoteOriginally posted by photocles Quote
As we're rapidly approaching the end of February, has anyone heard anything further about the potential shipping date for the LA-KE1?
Nothing new from MonsterAdapter since 8th of January (demonstration how traditional mechanical aperture works with MonsterAdapter PentaxK to Sony E mount adapter LA-KE1).

Here's the timeline of news:

28th October
Pentax FA to Sony E... | Facebook

29th October
MonsterAdapter - Oct. 29, 2020, MonsterAdapter proudly... | Facebook
MonsterAdapter - This is the prototype of MonsterAdapter... | Facebook

2nd November
MonsterAdapter - God, It?s heavy. | Facebook

1st December
MonsterAdapter - Pentax DA* 55mm f1.4 SDM with... | Facebook
MonsterAdapter - Hello everyone, it?s been a while since... | Facebook

8th December
MonsterAdapter - MonsterAdapter LA-KE1(Prototype A):... | Facebook

28th December
MonsterAdapter - Let?s get LIMITED now! | Facebook

1st January
MonsterAdapter - Hi, everyone, We finally have survived... | Facebook

8th January
MonsterAdapter - Today?s demonstration: this is how... | Facebook

26th March
MonsterAdapter - We will post updates regard our Pentax to... | Facebook

16th April
MonsterAdapter - Hello World! | Facebook

27th July
preparations for the LA-KE1 adapter body are complete

Last edited by angerdan; 07-29-2021 at 05:01 AM. Reason: + July
02-22-2021, 07:30 AM   #11
Pentaxian
bdery's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Quebec city, Canada
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,772
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by angerdan Quote
Noting new from MonsterAdapter since 8th of January
They've told me that things would pick up after Chine New Year. They recently released a Nikon to Sony adapter, so they might pur some of their energy on this, however.
03-01-2021, 05:52 AM   #12
New Member




Join Date: Nov 2019
Posts: 16
Anyone?

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1627137-REG/monster_adapter_la_ke1_pe...981&
03-01-2021, 06:01 AM   #13
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Cymru
Posts: 2,006
Bit dearer than I'm sure some of the Sony crowd (myself included) were hoping for, but probably commensurate with the R&D and production costs (with a modest mark up) given the novelty of the item.
03-01-2021, 10:50 AM   #14
Pentaxian
angerdan's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2015
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,185
So a price of $439 is public now.
03-01-2021, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #15
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
photocles's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Connacht, Ireland
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 442
QuoteOriginally posted by Benz3ne Quote
...probably commensurate with the R&D and production costs...
I think that's a fair assessment, but I think it's still pretty pricey. We'll see what the performance is like. If it's a strong performer, and is durable (within reason), then it would potentially pay for itself pretty quickly. Bring on the independent reviews!
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adapter, k-mount, pentax lens, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax-sony e la-ke1, slr lens, update
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sony Q1 financial report: Sony camera revenue -53% down beholder3 Non-Pentax: Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc. 4 08-05-2020 08:32 AM
Adaptadores lentes Pentax k-Sony FE Adapters lenses Pentax k-Sony FE Pentax K2 Pentax Camera and Field Accessories 5 03-27-2019 02:59 AM
Sony a6000 or Sony a6300 or Sony a6500? LeDave Non-Pentax: Canon, Nikon, Sony, etc. 5 09-27-2018 03:45 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:31 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top