Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
01-23-2021, 02:52 PM   #31
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Logman Quote
Thank you all for your opinion and advice. I have been looking all over various sites at k3 and lenses. I am extremely happy to report that I purchased a K3 with the 18-135 lens. Actually I feel like I stole it, will even tell you I paid.....$250. Someone gave it to her and of course had no idea how to use it and was happy with the point and shoot digital she has. Obviously NO idea what this was worth. So, I am ecstatic and she is happy !!!! Thanks again to all of you.
Well done! A great price for that combo too. I'm sure you'll enjoy it and we'll be watching for some of your photos. Get out there and shoot!

01-24-2021, 03:22 AM   #32
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Thank you all for your opinion and advice. . . . I am extremely happy to report that I purchased a K3 with the 18-135 lens.. . . So, I am ecstatic . . . Thanks again to all of you.
ok

now go have fun

you know where to come for more knowledge and help if you want to

consider buying the ebook

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/194-pentax-ebooks/323964-pentax-ebook-sa...ml#post3683760

QuoteQuote:
K3 sample shots ... post here ! No test shots ! No brick walls !
Read more at: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/172-pentax-k-3/241198-k3-sample-shots-po...#ixzz6kSYtpk3K

Last edited by aslyfox; 01-24-2021 at 06:54 AM.
01-30-2021, 10:37 AM   #33

Original Poster
Thanks to all again, this K3 is a Tank, but love it and the 18-135 lens. Just starting to mess with it but wow, beautiful pictures. Going to be fun once I kinda know what I am doing. Lol. Thanks to all of you again !!!
01-30-2021, 02:41 PM   #34
Des
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I am extremely happy to report that I purchased a K3 with the 18-135 lens. Actually I feel like I stole it, will even tell you I paid.....$250.
When I said you could get a DA 18-135 for under $250, I didn't mean with a K-3 included! What a sensational buy. Have fun with it.

One tip from experience. When I went from a K-30 (near-twin of the K-50) to a K-3, I found that my errors in technique (missed focus, shutter speed too slow, etc) were plainly exposed, due to more focus precision, lack of an AA filter, etc. I look back at photos I took a few years ago and wonder at how often I missed focus and made other basic errors.

So this is a good time to work on technique. I'd suggest three steps:
- Start here: Making the Most of Long Exposure Handhelds - Introduction - In-Depth Articles Practising these skills makes a big difference, even if you have been taking photos for a long time.
- Then work on focus accuracy. This might involve calibrating your lenses, but I think it's also important to understand and familiarise yourself with the different focus modes (centre point, select point, auto, etc) and maybe even try back button autofocusing. For years I used centre-point focus and recompose (which is what I learned on my film SLR in the 1980s), but I realised that I had got complacent. Now I find prefer select AF point, especially for birds (birds in flight is another story). Scrutinise your photos carefully and see how they could be improved.
- Learn about hyperfocal distance and other settings for landscape photography for optimising depth of field.

And if you are not already doing so, shoot RAW (or RAW + jpg if you still want jpgs out of camera). Even if you haven't got the time or inclination to learn post-processing, save the RAW files for the day when you do. Your future self will thank you.