Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2021, 07:09 AM   #31
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
The SMC Pentax-M 100mm F4 Macro has a nice small 49mm filter thread on a narrow inner tube. With its recessed front element. it doesn't need a hood necessarily. At 1:2, i.e. at 45cm (MFD), there should be at least 20cm in front of the lens.
I maybe the removed is a 1:1 thing. I've definitely had to remover the hood for my Sigma 70 macro, just to achieve focus.

01-27-2021, 10:06 AM   #32
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Quick check on a KP with DFA100mm WR and onboard flash: no shadows at 1:2. At 1:1 no shadow without the hood, about bottom 30% with the hood.
01-27-2021, 11:49 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JensE Quote
Quick check on a KP with DFA100mm WR and onboard flash: no shadows at 1:2. At 1:1 no shadow without the hood, about bottom 30% with the hood.
Now that's what I was talking about..
01-31-2021, 12:16 AM - 1 Like   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by AstroDave Quote
And whether you are near-sighted. I am 75 (in three weeks) and quite near-sighted (my distance glasses are around -5 diopters; I need to move up closer to make out the big E on the eye-guy's chart). But, I can readily focus at 10-15 cm for close-up work without glasses. (And will threaten to kill my opthalmologist when I need cataract surgery if he refuses to keep that capability! They want to set you up with new for-distance lenses. I haven't been able to see at a distance without glasses since I was 10 years old, so I am used to things as they are.).
Hi AstroDave, from Dave the eye doctor....when you require eye surgery just tell the surgeon that you want to be myopic after the surgery, as to what Rx post-op both of you have to agree on it. And on the day of the surgery again ask the nurse/surgeon what Rx you will end up with. this is routine if the eye surgeon is listening to you, so don't fret it. Best regards, David.

01-31-2021, 09:23 AM   #35
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VSTAR Quote
Originally posted by AstroDave Quote
And whether you are near-sighted. I am 75 (in three weeks) and quite near-sighted (my distance glasses are around -5 diopters; I need to move up closer to make out the big E on the eye-guy's chart). But, I can readily focus at 10-15 cm for close-up work without glasses. (And will threaten to kill my opthalmologist when I need cataract surgery if he refuses to keep that capability! They want to set you up with new for-distance lenses. I haven't been able to see at a distance without glasses since I was 10 years old, so I am used to things as they are.).
Hi AstroDave, from Dave the eye doctor....when you require eye surgery just tell the surgeon that you want to be myopic after the surgery, as to what Rx post-op both of you have to agree on it. And on the day of the surgery again ask the nurse/surgeon what Rx you will end up with. this is routine if the eye surgeon is listening to you, so don't fret it. Best regards, David.
THANK YOU - Dave the Eye Guy! I will print this out for future (probably a while yet) reference, but it may be much more relevant for my wife who will be consulting with our eye guy on this in a week or so - she almost certainly needs it now.