Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-03-2021, 03:58 PM   #46
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ZombieArmy Quote
While not the best, I was pretty surprised of the quality of starburst produced by the M75-150.

I really like that first (top) picture. I would have cropped it differently, but the starburst, the tone, the clouds, the vehicle headlights—that is a standout job!

02-05-2021, 01:31 PM - 1 Like   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wasp Quote
Permit me a stupid question. Why not use a filter? There are many available, so you get the one that achieves the desired effect with the lens you already have.
I addressed this in post 33.

Rainbow look to the rays
Unequal length
Generally less aesthetically pleasing
02-05-2021, 01:33 PM   #48
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by SharkyCA Quote
Yes,it is, but an option nonetheless. Is it possible to couple the Starburst filters with Starburst produced by the lens?
In most ways that is the least attractive option. In post 33 there’s an external link. If you follow it there’s an example showing that. When combined the effects look very jumbled.
02-05-2021, 07:00 PM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
In most ways that is the least attractive option. In post 33 there’s an external link. If you follow it there’s an example showing that. When combined the effects look very jumbled.
Yes, I do see your point, or should I say points! Can't discount taking time to compose a good photo!

Thanks for your input Uncle! Just got my m42 adapter for a Helios 44-2 58 I was gifted, time to play around!

03-14-2021, 07:07 PM - 1 Like   #50
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I thought I should update this thread.

I replaced the Samyang 24mm with a Rokinon 20mm 1.8. While the sunstars are not up to the quality of the LTD lenses, I am happy with what it gives. It has a bit of ghosting and flaring, but it is manageable.