Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-21-2021, 10:35 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

K&F Concept M42 Adapter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Looking for feedback on this adapter and whether it has the flange which prevents focusing to infinity.

K&F M10221 M42 Screw Lenses to Pentax K Lens Mount Adapter

03-21-2021, 10:41 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It does not. It does not have an inner flange to allow use of lenses without an A/M switch either.
03-21-2021, 10:43 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Looks correct, no flange.

Just FYI many of the third party adapters have variable quality control even from the same brand. This one looks of good quality but you never know. The Pentax OEM one is about twice the price but always works perfectly. I've bought 4 or 5 different brands over the years and had poor luck with all of them except the Pentax one.
03-21-2021, 12:25 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Look out for the screw that holds the retention spring. Many adaptors have this screw so long it binds on the threads of the lens and then you let stuck with the lens locked on the camera with no means to release it

03-21-2021, 12:28 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

They e-mailed me directly targeting offer ( their marketing department must be working overtime) , I could not refuse.
Total charged to Paypal US $10.36
That includes postage and Australian duty / custom taxes.
Estimated delivery Wed, 31 Mar - Fri, 16 Apr and tracking number included.
With the last entry:

Departed from Regional Distribution Center

07:11:53 Mar 18,2021

To: AU East Perth 6004
03-21-2021, 12:30 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have not tried this adapter, but the description says is allow focus on infinity.
QuoteQuote:
Features
• Allow M42 Screw mount lenses used on Pentax K mount camera body.
• Compatible with Pentax K camera includes: Pentax K100D, K110D, K10D, K10D Grand Prix, K100D Super, K200D, K20D, K-m, K-7, K-x, K-r, K-5, K-01, K-30, K-5 II, K-5 IIs, K-50, K-500, K-3, K-S1, K-S2, K-3 II, K-1, K-70, KP etc.
• Made of brass and aluminum. Stable, precise and durable construction. Manually operated. Infinity focus allowed.
• For heavy medium format lenses, we suggest to use with a telephoto bracket and a tripod to balance its weight when shoot.
• 30 Days No Reason Return, 12 months quality guarantee, 100% satisfaction assurance.
The K&F adapters I have tried have had very high mechanical quality, yet not very expensive. So it has become my preferred brand on adapters.

Some third party m42 K-mount adapters have a tighter fit than original Pentax adapter, and needed an included tool for removel.
It does not look like this adapter includes a removal tool, so it is probably closer to the original Pentax adapter.
03-21-2021, 01:12 PM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

if you want a flanged adapter you can try:
FLANGED M42 HELIOS ?????? LENS TO PENTAX K MOUNT ADAPTER TO INFINITY FLANGE PIN | eBay
FLANGED M42 LENS TO PENTAX K MOUNT ADAPTER TO INFINITY BRAND NEW (1 pcs.) | eBay
i haven't ordered one yet , it is rather expensive + I never ordered anything from Lithuania before, although they are now part of EU.
This adapter was recommended by Pentaxian ( not from this Forum) , apparently it is well made.
The only problem is that the lens is " upside down " , the markings are facing the bottom of the camera.

03-21-2021, 03:04 PM - 2 Likes   #8
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
The only problem is that the lens is " upside down " , the markings are facing the bottom of the camera.
Isn't that OK in Australia?!
03-21-2021, 03:59 PM   #9
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

oh , of-course , silly me.
the quoted Pentaxian is based in Germany and the markings are "upside down" for him so, by the time the adapter will get Down Under everything will be just fine.
All those small things making our lives so enjoyable.......

Last edited by i_trax; 03-21-2021 at 07:27 PM.
03-21-2021, 07:21 PM - 1 Like   #10
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It should allow infinity focus, but may not be easily removed from the camera due to how the mount tangs are machined. Like most 3rd-party adapters, both ends of all three tangs are chamfered while the genuine adapter's tangs are straight cut on the tang edges to either side of the lock spring. Those two small details provide for a clean stop on insertion to avoid over rotation in the mount as well as a second clean stop to make for easy removal. If the adapter over rotates into the mount, it will be difficult or almost impossible to remove and will also not meter correctly with older cameras having the non-crippled mount. There are other points of variance (tang thickness, for one) that may also create compatibility issues.

Removing the retention spring will avoid the adapter getting stuck, but at the price of the adapter not locking in place. I would personally pass.

Steve

(...had Bower-branded M42-K adapter get stuck on my Ricoh XR-2s...Dremel tool was the next option, but managed after several hours of effort to get it out...)

Last edited by stevebrot; 03-21-2021 at 07:28 PM.