Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-06-2021, 04:59 AM   #1

Lensbaby Composer Pro - Modifying Mount from Sony Lens to K-Mount? Or Adapter?

Hello

I got an Lensbaby Composer Pro with 4 lenses
- Sweet 35
- Sweet 50
- Edge 80
- FishEye 12

The Problem ist the Composer Pro ist made for a Sony E-Mount!

Is their an easy why to replace the Mount with a K-Mount. Or is there an Adapter available? I Can't find any Adapter for a Sony Lens to a Pentax K-Body? Is this so rare? Does someone know such an adapter?

I check the Lensbaby site and the new Lensbaby Composer Pro II for Pentax is on backorder for months now? So at this moment I have no solution to get my Lensbaby to work on my Pentax K-3 or K-1
Does anyone know if the Lensbaby is constructed for APS-C or FullFrame?

What is the best to get it to work?

Regards
Gérard

04-06-2021, 05:22 AM - 1 Like   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Go to eBay and buy a Pentax version of the Composer, vers.1 or 2 work the same tho I'd prefer the Pro. All of those lens inserts work on any of the Composer mounts. As for FF or APS-C some of the lenses work more as intended if using them with full-frame, for example the Sweet's. They're compatible with either format tho.

EDIT: Gosh, they've suddenly gone expensive there! When I get home I'll check if I have one spare. I may.
04-06-2021, 05:30 AM   #3

Original Poster
THX gatorguy

I check ebay and a couple of other auctions-platform. The Pentax Models are only available incl. a lens, all from Japan and quite expensive to. I already own 4 lenses, so I see no need to buy a fifth lens

Regards
Gérard
04-06-2021, 06:13 AM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
First a caveat: I don’t have any lensbaby equipment, your thread made me look to see what was out there.

As far as I can tell, certain options are full frame while others aren’t. Here’s a link that may help with that: Lensbaby E-Mount Lens Guide – SonyAlphaLab

Adapting a Sony lens to a Pentax K Mount isn’t going to happen without optical elements since the flange focal distance for Sony is shorter than Pentax.

I’d say getting a composer in Pentax Mount is your best bet as mentioned by another poster.

04-06-2021, 05:12 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Gerard_Dirks Quote
THX gatorguy

I check ebay and a couple of other auctions-platform. The Pentax Models are only available incl. a lens, all from Japan and quite expensive to. I already own 4 lenses, so I see no need to buy a fifth lens

Regards
Gérard
It looks like I don't have a spare K-Mount Composer.
04-07-2021, 04:03 AM   #6

Original Poster
In the meantime I spoke with a representative of lensbaby. The Composer Pro ii for Pentax will be available by the end of April 2021, based on "first com first served"

The price for the Composer is OK, the shipping costs for shipment to Europe is to expensive, about US$ 55-65 by UPS with additional duty & tax of about US$ 40. Then when it arrives her in Switzerland I need to pay Customs & VAT. So I will wait till a reseller/distributor will offer these in Europa!

Her in Europa pay not tax if the product is shipped outside the EU. You only pay the local Customs & VAT. This is more consumer friendly.