Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2008, 06:44 PM   #16

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks Marc. You make very good points. I have a school play tomorrow so I should be able to get the testing I need for the cheer competition. Not that the play isn't important too, but if I have my "druthers" it would be the cheer competition I would want the best pics of. I'll let you guys know how it turns out. I can't thank everyone enough for taking the time out of your busy days to help. As much as I love taking pics of flowers and things the real reason I purchased the camera and lenses was to catch moments. I've basically wasted so much time trying to catch moments like these with a point and shoot camera. I can't get those moments back so I'm hoping grandma spending some cash will pay off this time.

12-15-2008, 08:10 PM   #17

Original Poster
I must say I'm pretty pleased with the Tamron AF 70-200mm f/2.8. We managed not to get in the rafters for the Christmas program, but I was still about 40 feet away. The first two shots are at 200, 1/20 shutter and f2.8. The 3rd is 70, 1/15 and f2.8. (no flash) The cheer program is later this month (got the two dates confused) so I'm glad I had the chance to "play" with it in the gym first. I'm a little concerned with catching the action in the low light conditions, but thanks to everyone's help here, I'm not fearful. They are a little blurry thanks to my not so steady hands. Definitely going with the monopod for the cheer competition.

12-17-2008, 11:47 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Nice shots! I say you did well. Glad it worked out for you, and thanks for the followup post.