Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-22-2008, 01:30 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Does the DA 50-135 come with a manual?

Hi, I have just received my DA* 50-135 f/2.8.

There is a card that says to "read the manual". But there is no booklet to read...

Did yours come with a manual?

I'm concerned that I may have been sent a returned item.

Thanks

11-22-2008, 03:12 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Re:

I dont know about the 50-135 but even the lowly DA 18-55 had a booklet in its box when I received it. I would expect that the DA* 50-135 being more expensive should have one at the very least.
11-22-2008, 03:52 AM   #3
Inactive Account

All Pentax lenses bought new come with a manual. However I think it's the same manual for every lens.
11-22-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
Moderator PEG Judges

What is it you want to know about the lens in particular, maybe one of the learned forum members here, can assist you.

Or do you think your just missing out.

11-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
What is it you want to know about the lens in particular, maybe one of the learned forum members here, can assist you.

Or do you think your just missing out.
I don't have any particular questions regarding the lens but I am concerned that if the instructions booklet if missing, it probably means that the box has been opened by a first customer and the lens returned to the seller without the book. Now, if you buy an 800 lens, you think twice about it and if you return it, it probably means that there's something wrong with it.

I will test the lens tomorrow, but it would be reassuring to know that this particular lens normally ships without a booklet. All the Pentax items I bought so far came with instructions (which admittedly I hardly ever read).

May be I'm just paranoiac!
11-22-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Moderator PEG Judges

Aye, right enough, I hadn't thought of it that way, take some images, I'm sure all will be well.

Update this post when you know more.
11-22-2008, 01:13 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Mine came with a "Pentax DA Interchangeable Lens Operating Manual" but nothing specifically for the 50-135.
11-22-2008, 01:14 PM   #8
Site Supporter

I purchased a new, in the box DA*50-135 and can comfirm that it does come with the standard 53-page DA Series operating manual.

11-22-2008, 05:59 PM   #9

Photos: Albums
I believe all DA lenses use the same manual. For a copy in pdf format, go here:

http://www.pentaximaging.com/files/manual/DALens_OPM_ENG.pdf
11-22-2008, 08:55 PM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by luxart Quote
I don't have any particular questions regarding the lens but I am concerned that if the instructions booklet if missing, it probably means that the box has been opened by a first customer and the lens returned to the seller without the book. Now, if you buy an 800 lens, you think twice about it and if you return it, it probably means that there's something wrong with it.

I will test the lens tomorrow, but it would be reassuring to know that this particular lens normally ships without a booklet. All the Pentax items I bought so far came with instructions (which admittedly I hardly ever read).

May be I'm just paranoiac!
I don't blame you for being apprehensive.
There are many ways that the book could have gotten seperated from the lens that don't involve it being a defective return. Just as having a manual would also not really rule out a defective return either.