Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 54 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2021, 01:16 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MossyRocks Quote
Unfortunately it kind of has to be as I haven't won the lottery yet. However once the new stuff excitement wears off you realize that you are just left stuff that you spent your hard earned money on. I don't need more stuff for the sake of owning more stuff but I wouldn't mind being able to spend like a lottery winner. I want things I like using and are useful, so while the A* 400/2.8 was rather spendy it is a joy to use and does what I ask of it wonderfully.
Yeah, I am looking forward to the D FA 21 for example because I really, really use the M20/4 a lot and I'd love to have a modern, high-quality lens in that focal length. But money is money, so it will have to be a truly astonishing lens (I don't quite doubt it, though).

04-28-2021, 01:24 PM   #62
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd have to go with a 100mm macro, I'd get tired of the long view. Close views of critters and objects would probably keep me at least a bit entertained.
04-28-2021, 04:56 PM - 2 Likes   #63
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
I'd have to go with a 100mm macro, I'd get tired of the long view. Close views of critters and objects would probably keep me at least a bit entertained.
Don't get too close, Terry. In numbers, these things could suddenly work out that you're an excellent source of protein, and have to sleep at some stage!

04-28-2021, 05:04 PM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Don't get too close, Terry. In numbers, these things could suddenly work out that you're an excellent source of protein, and have to sleep at some stage!
Wowsers ! We don't have them things out here on the prairies.

04-28-2021, 05:18 PM - 2 Likes   #65
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hmm, my desert island lens would have to be a tiny 18.3mm lens... that's permanently fixed to my GR III... because that's my desert island camera!
04-28-2021, 05:32 PM   #66
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
I see a slight problem there
Not all deserted islands have coconut palms
Then we'll need you to visit regularly in a little boat to deliver Vitamin E pills, Dave. We of course won't want to be rescued.
04-28-2021, 11:57 PM - 2 Likes   #67
dbs
Pentaxian

Then we'll need you to visit regularly in a little boat to deliver Vitamin E pills, Dave. We of course won't want to be rescued.
I'll have a spare pair of oars just incase you change your mind

04-29-2021, 06:15 AM   #68
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Have you thought about the AFA 1.7x to use with the 400? It gives semi autofocus and has very good quality. The 2x-L is probably better by a bit, but when you aren’t doing Astro you might enjoy the af.
04-29-2021, 06:57 AM - 1 Like   #69
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah, see, that's the thing about desert islands. Ya never know what's on them....
04-29-2021, 08:05 AM   #70
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If somebody got shipwrecked and ended on a deserted island, I guess they would have let their heavy supertelephoto lenses (400 to 1200 mm monsters) sink so as to stay afloat and survive in the water .

Regards
04-29-2021, 08:47 AM - 1 Like   #71
Loyal Site Supporter

D fa* 85/1.4.
04-29-2021, 10:48 AM - 1 Like   #72
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The coconut crab. I guess they are a favorite of some Pacific Islanders from what I have heard from some people who have been stationed at bases where they can be found.
04-29-2021, 12:30 PM   #73
Pentaxian

If you get stuck on a desert island, hopefully there's going to be wind. Always carry a dynamo with you just in case, if you watched this movie you'll understand

04-29-2021, 01:54 PM - 1 Like   #74
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Still useful! It's a decent telephoto!
04-29-2021, 04:27 PM   #75
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by dbs Quote
I'll have a spare pair of oars just incase you change your mind
(Laughs). Yes, there could be Trouble In Paradise! That's how all the movies seem to end, like The Beach and Lord of the Flies.

One moment everyone's high fiving and waving glowsticks at night, the next they're hunting each other with improvised spears.