Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-09-2007, 05:32 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
LBA Makes Me Pay . . . .

A couple of weeks ago I declared to all who would listen that I had bought my last lens for the foreseeable future. Today, after stimulation from a recent thread on macro lenses, I ordered a DFA 100/2.8. Even though I've never had a great deal of interest in macro photography, I'm a master of rationalization and reasoned that I could use this lens as a fast telephoto. Seriously, I've seen enough macro shots on this and other forums and websites to make me want to explore this space - I gather the DFA 100 is good enough to do that.

Jer

03-09-2007, 05:56 PM   #2

Yep, it sure sounds like LBA to me

Anytime you're able to rationalize an irrational decision, you know you're in trouble! But I hope you take a little comfort in knowing that you have a lot of company.
03-09-2007, 07:28 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
After this lens this is it...I promise too :)

I read the same thread about the FA 100 2.8. I was impressed with the feedback about the lens. I fought myself about orering it. Well.... mine arrived by Fedex just before sunset today. Only had time for a couple odf outside shots....Wow you guys were right. I do not have a lot of quality lenses because of cost, but I am not sorry I bought this one. Thanks you were right on on about this lens. Here are a couple shots. One is just a test shot to see colors and focus. The other is a typical sunset. I have a new buddy...finally!

Last edited by Eastern Shore Charlie; 04-15-2007 at 05:17 PM.
03-09-2007, 08:07 PM   #4
Forum Member

Just a sunset huh?!? That lens looks fantastic! Now I have to buy that one too! When I can afford it...

03-10-2007, 07:53 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Jer, I think you will like that lens. I don't own that one, I've got the Tamron 90 mm instead, but I didn't think I'd like macro that much either but I've found I really like it, and it can be a real challenge with that teensy tiny DOF. There are some really nice things found when you get "up close and personal". And not only bugs. (Tho bugs are fun) I also use mine as a short tele and a nice up close portrait lens. The nice thing about the latter is that I don't have to be in the subjects face to get a good up close view. Over all my 90 macro is one of my most versitile lenses, as I'm sure the DFA 100 is.

NaCl(and I am NOT a LBA enabler!)H2O