Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
05-11-2021, 10:11 PM - 1 Like   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
The modern options are the Samyang 24 TS and the Laowa 15 Shift.
These are better options than the old ones and buying new lens encourages these 3rd party makers to keep making lenses for K-mount.

05-11-2021, 11:13 PM - 1 Like   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rogerstg Quote
To determine value, you need to look at the sold listings, not available listings. Overpriced items will always be listed as available, while fairly priced items do not last too long.
This. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a particular wideangle zoom and if sufficiently rich and sufficiently dumb I could’ve bought one of several listed for months on end at almost twice the new price. Funnily enough, they didn’t sell.
05-12-2021, 01:27 AM - 1 Like   #18
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ramseybuckeye Quote
Many of the ebay listing throw out a huge price fishing for someone desperate.
Or someone ignorant of the going rate.
05-12-2021, 08:47 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Kevin B123 Quote
I've read the in-depth review many times since first written more than four years ago, and never could pull the trigger because it was a mixed review. The Adorama and B&H links in the review lead to a pages that say it is no longer available, but the Samyang version is available at Amazon through the Samyang Store.

05-12-2021, 09:50 AM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by EssJayEff Quote
I've read the in-depth review many times since first written more than four years ago, and never could pull the trigger because it was a mixed review. The Adorama and B&H links in the review lead to a pages that say it is no longer available, but the Samyang version is available at Amazon through the Samyang Store.
I understand it needs to be stopped down to f8-f11, and for architecture that is what you want anyway. I thought the quality of this lens was supposed to be alright, but if those reviews say otherwise then its right to be cautious.
05-12-2021, 11:11 AM   #21
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by StiffLegged Quote
This. I’ve been keeping an eye out for a particular wideangle zoom and if sufficiently rich and sufficiently dumb I could’ve bought one of several listed for months on end at almost twice the new price. Funnily enough, they didn’t sell.
Don't know what your looking for, but there's a mint Sigma 10-20 in the Marketplace. I'd have bought if I didn't already have one and a DA 12-24.
05-12-2021, 05:10 PM   #22
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Or someone ignorant of the going rate.
Sometimes it feels like a cartel: pushing up the price artificially.