Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 13 Likes Search this Thread
06-05-2021, 01:19 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Most primes aren't even prime... I can only think of the 31 and 43 which are actually prime... what about that? :P
Ha ha! True, there are some "prime" lenses out there that aren't so good. Zoom lenses, however, have come a long way for quality imaging since those old days of the early zoom lenses. Many now are capable of delivering excellent results.

06-05-2021, 06:16 PM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Very good :-)
06-05-2021, 11:51 PM   #18
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dipo 1 Quote
Well excuse me for my lack of not using the right nomenclature, didn't mean to set the forum on fire, still an excellent lens, and I'm quite proud of it. And will be using it for a long time. If I spoke the language, which I don't know all of, you would see better photos or is that images, getting a little stuffy in here. However I understand what you mean, ain't the sharpest tack in the box but ain't stupid either. Yes GUB I know where the lens review is located.
At the end of the day words and opinions are the right of others... but as long as your happy with the quality of the imagery this lens gives you, that's really all that matters, enjoy it.
06-06-2021, 01:20 PM - 1 Like   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well I finally made the jump after studying the lens data base I decided to make the jump to a very nice lens it is the HD DA 55 -300MM ED WR lens. Bought it on the bay for a very reasonable amount, Have only had it a couple of days and just beginning to learn how to use. So far it has performed great, of course the photographer needs more practice, but then that's the fun of this game. Thanks to all for the great advice.
Congrats to your new acquisition! There will be more, trust my word...

QuoteOriginally posted by ehrwien Quote
Most primes aren't even prime... I can only think of the 31 and 43 which are actually prime... what about that? :P
Well, even these have their limits... (sorry, open goal)

Kjell

06-09-2021, 03:50 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks to all for your comments,I have a K5 I'm old school, very old, have a spotmatic I bought in 71 went to digital in 2018. Has been a lot of fun learning how to use. Have posted photos here some good some no so good. Anything with DA in front of the nomenclature is a prime for me. Thanks again see u on the Froum
I think I got my first working Spotmatic in about 2016, so I’m a few years behind you there.
I did get my H1a 20+ years before that, so I’m with you on the M42 stuff

I think you’ll enjoy the 55-300. It’s worlds better than any screw mount zoom I’ve ever used.

-Eric