Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-25-2008, 10:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
What a deal! Pentax DA 12-24 shipped.

Couldn't believe the deal this weekend from ProDigital2000- their add claimed a "Buy It Now" price of "approximately $486 USD" for the DA 12-24/4, with three in stock for that price. Couldn't resist, my finger was drawn inexorably to the "Add to Cart" button! And I've really been wanting an ultra-wide lens too. Merry Christmas to me! Anyway, that was Sunday morning when I placed the order, didn't know what to expect based on some of the other posts about PD2K. Yes, the exchange rate was a little off, total was $516.40 USD shipped. So today I got the notification of shipment! Scheduled to be delivered tomorrow by UPS, I can't believe so soon. We'll see for sure tomorrow.

11-26-2008, 01:47 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
This has to be one of the best wide angle zooms out there. I love mine, use it all of the time. As good or better than the Nikkor. Great choice, oh.. and is sharp from wide open.

Ben
11-26-2008, 06:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Good to hear. Another plus is that I can use the filters off my DA* 16-50 for it. UPS tracking says "Out for delivery". Can't wait! Hopefully this will cool my LBA for a while.
11-26-2008, 08:41 AM   #4
Veteran Member

I got mine a while back for the CAD equivalent of $510.....of course, it's dropped even lower since. Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet, but I tested it enough to know that I got a good copy. Of course, it took them 2 weeks to get it to me, but it was well worth the wait.

11-26-2008, 08:51 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Congrats!

I am still waiting for my 21mm Limited. It was dropped off at USPS last Wednesday, and didn't appear in the system until Sunday evening when it left the post office there... and was supposed to have been delivered yesterday according to USPS. That didn't happen.

Hopefully today. Never had USPS Priority take more than 3 days.
11-26-2008, 09:28 AM   #6
Veteran Member

Good Luck
Mine wasn't so good with that lens. It got major decentering problem. Sent it back and yesterday got a second sample. This one does not comunicate with the body, whatever I tried.
Now going back to Sigma 10-20
11-26-2008, 09:56 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Sweet price. I paid $667 just two months ago for mine.

The only complaint I have for this lens is I wish they would have just made the whole barrel 82mm in diameter. It would fit much more "snugly" in the camera bag that way; it just feels less than secure with all that room around the barrel the way it is.

11-26-2008, 10:59 AM   #8
Veteran Member

Seriously, I wish I got rid of mine a couple months ago so I could have bought it back today.
11-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Major Disappointment!

Yesterday (Wednesday) UPS dropped it off, and I opened the package only to find...a DA 21 Ltd. NOT the DA12-24 that I had ordered!!! Called them right away, they said they'd send me an e-mail with info how to return it- and only once they had received it back would they send me what I had actually ordered.
So far no e-mail from them, so I thought as added insurance I'd send THEM an e-mail. Well all I could find was one e-mail address for them and when I use it I get an automated response kicked back, indicating that I will NOT be getting any response back if using that address. WTF??? And today being Thanksgiving (wait! that's a U.S. holiday, not in Canada?) it'll probably be sometime next week before this gets straightened out. Grrrr!
11-27-2008, 04:15 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
Yesterday (Wednesday) UPS dropped it off, and I opened the package only to find...a DA 21 Ltd. NOT the DA12-24 that I had ordered!!! Called them right away, they said they'd send me an e-mail with info how to return it- and only once they had received it back would they send me what I had actually ordered.
So far no e-mail from them, so I thought as added insurance I'd send THEM an e-mail. Well all I could find was one e-mail address for them and when I use it I get an automated response kicked back, indicating that I will NOT be getting any response back if using that address. WTF??? And today being Thanksgiving (wait! that's a U.S. holiday, not in Canada?) it'll probably be sometime next week before this gets straightened out. Grrrr!
I would be infuriated!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that, really
11-27-2008, 04:20 AM   #11
Syb
Veteran Member

That is a major disappointment indeed! No doubt this will finally end up well, but for now the frustration will be enormous!

Good luck!