Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2021, 01:00 PM   #1

Adapter and mount to use TTartisan 17mm F1.4 on a Pentax body?

hi forum, I am interested in getting myself a TTartisan 17mm F1.4 lens, but it does not have PK mount (only Fuji-X, Sony E, M 4/3, Canon EOS-M)

TTartisan 17mm F1.4 Wide-Angle Lens for Fuji X-Mount, Sony E-Mount, MF ? Pergear

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a mount and an adapter to be able to use it with my K5? I am fine with manual focusing, I am curious if this lens/adapter combination can support auto metering?

thanks

06-19-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi fangq, welcome to the forum.

The fact that this lens only comes in mounts for mirrorless cameras, which have very short registration distances, indicates that there is no possibility of adapting to a dslr like pentax I'm afraid.
06-19-2021, 04:18 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
The Samyang 16mm f2.0 is probably about as close a lens as any out there which would work on your k-mount camera. It has an A position on the aperture ring. Another might be the Sigma 20mm f1.8 EX DG which is available used. Obviously neither of these are exactly identical in basic specs to the TTArtisan's 17.
06-19-2021, 04:53 PM   #4
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by fangq Quote
hi forum, I am interested in getting myself a TTartisan 17mm F1.4 lens, but it does not have PK mount (only Fuji-X, Sony E, M 4/3, Canon EOS-M)

TTartisan 17mm F1.4 Wide-Angle Lens for Fuji X-Mount, Sony E-Mount, MF ? Pergear

I am wondering if anyone can recommend a mount and an adapter to be able to use it with my K5? I am fine with manual focusing, I am curious if this lens/adapter combination can support auto metering?

thanks

as mentioned above, such an adapter does not exist - you may be better off just picking up a second-hand Fuji body if you are interested in TT Artisan lenses....

06-19-2021, 05:19 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

perhaps you could consider Samyang /Rokinon offerings
I have 14mm 2.8 ( it is FF so works with K-1 ) and I like it
06-20-2021, 07:33 PM - 1 Like   #6

Original Poster
thank you @marcusBMG, @pres589, @pepperberry farm and @i_trax for your replies. They were very helpful!
I only read that it is for ASP-C, but did not realize it is for mirror-less. I will pass it then.
06-22-2021, 06:02 AM - 1 Like   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fangq Quote
I only read that it is for ASP-C, but did not realize it is for mirror-less. I will pass it then.
There are many fantastic options if you cant a wide lens on K-mount (and THOSE can be adapted to mirrorless). I am partial to the Laowa 12mm F2.8, and like the Irix 11mm and 15mm, and there are many Rokinon/Samyang options. Plus the more expensive but superb Pentax 11-18mm (APS-C) and 15-30mm (full frame).

I included hyperlinks to reviews above

06-22-2021, 08:24 PM   #8

Original Poster
much appreciated @bdery.

I am currently shooting most of my landscape photos using an Pentax A 28mm/2.8 manual prime. On my K5 body, the field of view of the 28mm is a bit limited, despite that I really love the sharpness; when I need a wider angle, I use my Sigma 18-300 super zoom at the 18mm end. These 28mm/18mm shots account for ~80% of my usage. I was thinking to get a prime around ~18mm range, so the TTartisan 17mm/1.4 popped up not only because it was well reviewed, but with a rare combination of wide-angle/large aperture/ultra low cost. Now I see why it was the case.

I will keep my options open - my other plan is to upgrade to a K1 at some point, in that case, my 28mm will be likely wide enough for me.