Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-30-2021, 03:08 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What this thread does show, is the usefulness of using a (quality) filter for lens front element protection. I've had many lenses over the years that have had something abrasive damage the protective filters - and yet my lens front elements remained pristine.

06-30-2021, 05:50 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Yeah... that'll buff right out. Glad you all have a sense of humour.
06-30-2021, 05:14 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by vijaykishan Quote
Excellent info in the link. Thanks for sharing, now I won't fret about that little spec of dust on the front element.

Welcome! Thought that might be of interest. It's really amazing how these things work.
07-03-2021, 02:37 AM - 1 Like   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
What this thread does show, is the usefulness of using a (quality) filter for lens front element protection. I've had many lenses over the years that have had something abrasive damage the protective filters - and yet my lens front elements remained pristine.
Disagree, but not disagreeable.

07-04-2021, 03:11 PM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Pentax A 35-105mm as I recall, has a very good reputation. The f/3.5 constant aperture capability, and with the A design which will communicate important information to the camera, allowing the use of various functions and better metering, along with aperture control via the camera instead of having to use the aperture ring, you have apparently found quite a bargain. Those little spots on the front element will not compromise the performance of your lens.

---------- Post added 07-04-21 at 03:18 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Spock Quote
With some lenses I do, with the emphasis on quality multi or super multi coated, while some lenses I do not, depending on the design of the lens, and the kind of use and conditions I will expose it to. When going without protection, I am always very conservative as to conditions. One thing about this issue, you can always remove the filter when dealing with a special quality shot, under good conditions, and being extra picky.