Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-01-2008, 02:58 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Noisychip Quote
I think non-A and screwmount lenses will even work in Av mode, as long as you use them wide open. If you stop down at the aperture ring, all you have to do is dial in an exposure compensation of + 1 EV per stop. That way, you wont have to push the green button (which I keep forgetting all the time ...).
I feel a need to point out that we only get a maximum of +3EV, so going by your method a Takumar 50/1.4 (which will tend to overexpose wide open to begin with, but will behave properly even slightly stopped down) could only be used thus:

f1.4..... +0
f2........ +1
f2.8..... +2
f4........ +3

and could not be used stopped down past f4. Forgive my bluntness, but that is ridiculous. And it would result in horribly overexposed photos.

12-14-2008, 11:55 AM   #17

Original Poster
Ahhh...some information

In my original post I asked about the Canon Lenses. Well come to find out they are the old Ricoh lenses (I think) made by sears with the K mount on it . I used the Wikipedia to verify then just put it on. All of them work and I do not have any problems with them. I just had to set the aperture ring to Permissible in the "Custom Settings" on the K200D. I found them on this page:

Pentax K mount - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here is a photo of them:

And these are my M24 mount collection:

I have yet to shoot anything from them. I want to shoot all lenses side by side in a comparison.

Last edited by beequick; 12-15-2008 at 06:40 PM.
12-15-2008, 02:16 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
That is good. Just be cautious again of lenses made to fit Ricoh K mount cameras that have an auto-aperture setting, because the auto-aperture indicator on those is entirely different than any Pentax auto-aperture indicator and will get caught in the autofocus screw drive on Pentax cameras. If you find out what to look for, you can tell by looking at the mount. Some of these will be labeled "R-K" mount, or as mentioned "P" lenses (as opposed to Pentax A lenses). They should always have a "P" setting on the aperture ring (rather than the "A" setting that is possible on Pentax compatible lenses), so this should be the easiest way to spot them.

Again these can be used in manual mode on Pentax cameras only after removing the aperture indicator pin.