Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-31-2021, 12:14 PM   #61
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by cometguy Quote
Has any Pentaxian with a lot of older single-series lenses besides F shown a large collection in a single photo, as was done here by jatrax in post 20 of this thread (he posted 14 out of the 20 total F-series lens models)? I'd be interested in seeing similar such photos for K lenses, for M lenses, for A lenses, and for FA lenses... I myself don't have that many of any one series (my top series being A, with seven lenses out of 39 total A-series lenses produced). But it's fun to see most of the lenses from a single series all in one photo.
Not so big as the photo you mentioned, but here is part of my K lenses crew , still missing two more ( K 18 f/3,5 and K 55 f/1,8 ).
My K lenses crew on 2010 | oca2011 | Flickr

07-31-2021, 12:45 PM   #62
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
It is under non-SMC lenses: ...There are actually 3 versions of one of these lenses showing the changes and development over time:...At one time I had all three of the 28-80's together. I did a lens test and the SMC version was clearly the winner.
Thanks for that info. Looking more closely, here and on Ebay, it looks to me as if the main tell-tale is that the Takumars have a green aperture number scale and the SMCs have white. The SMC ones also seem to have "SMC" on the nameplate, but not all sellers' photo angles show that nameplate, while the aperture scale is more likely to be visible simply because it wraps round more.

It does look like the vast majority of the 28-80mm on Ebay are Takumars, I guess because they were often supplied in a kit than the SMCs. It is also obvious that most sellers (and buyers?) would not know the difference, as I did not until today.
07-31-2021, 04:42 PM   #63
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One indicator I've used is that the SMC versions have the focal length in orange. The Takumars have it in white. That isn't true of some of the later ones that start using the FA styling but it holds true for most.
08-21-2021, 09:16 AM - 1 Like   #64
Pentaxian

Took a chance on the F 35-70 because it was listed for cheap from a large store with free returns. But it's fine, there's a noticeable (but superficial) rubbing mark as the camera would sit on a surface with the lens attached, and a bit more dust than usual (I'd had much worse lenses that performed just fine)
It joins the 50/1.7, 50 macro, 35-135 and 70-210, using all with the SF1n

08-21-2021, 09:19 AM - 1 Like   #65
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aaacb Quote
took a chance on the f 35-70 because it was listed for cheap from a large store with free returns. But it's fine, there's a noticeable (but superficial) rubbing mark as the camera would sit on a surface with the lens attached, and a bit more dust than usual (i'd had much worse lenses that performed just fine)
it joins the 50/1.7, 50 macro, 35-135 and 70-210, using all with the sf1n
nice!!
10-28-2021, 09:37 PM   #66
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I bought a used K1 this fall, and figured I should probably have at least one autofocus zoom for family snapshots and stuff like that. I ended up getting a pair of F zooms (35-105 and 70-210) from my local camera shop that were very dusty (externally from many years in the display case) but otherwise in great shape. They feel much more robust than the modern zoom lenses I've handled from Pentax, and are surprisingly good image wise as well. Now I'm on the hunt for a 24-50, and either a 50 f1.4 or 5 f1.7. Hopefully some day I'll get the 28mm and 135mm primes as well to round out the collection. I've never owned an FA series lens, but played with a couple in the store when I bought these, and didn't like the way they felt.

Kristian
10-30-2021, 08:29 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by turbo_bird Quote
I bought a used K1 this fall, and figured I should probably have at least one autofocus zoom for family snapshots and stuff like that. I ended up getting a pair of F zooms (35-105 and 70-210) from my local camera shop that were very dusty (externally from many years in the display case) but otherwise in great shape. They feel much more robust than the modern zoom lenses I've handled from Pentax, and are surprisingly good image wise as well. Now I'm on the hunt for a 24-50, and either a 50 f1.4 or 5 f1.7. Hopefully some day I'll get the 28mm and 135mm primes as well to round out the collection. I've never owned an FA series lens, but played with a couple in the store when I bought these, and didn't like the way they felt.

Kristian
I have a 24-50 that I might sell- PM me, please.

10-31-2021, 09:53 AM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
I have a 24-50 that I might sell- PM me, please.
Pm sent.