Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-29-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
HCE Vari-Close-up Lens

I just inherited one of these lenses.

Used Other Brand | (HCE) Series 7 Variable Close Up Lens w/49mm

Anyone ever use one before, and are they any good? It came with a couple of adaptors, and I can get it to fit my Magnicon 70-210. What sort of results should I expect? Would it be worth me getting an adaptor to use on on of my better lenses?

11-30-2008, 02:14 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by eccs19 Quote
I just inherited one of these lenses.

Used Other Brand | (HCE) Series 7 Variable Close Up Lens w/49mm

Anyone ever use one before, and are they any good? It came with a couple of adaptors, and I can get it to fit my Magnicon 70-210. What sort of results should I expect? Would it be worth me getting an adaptor to use on on of my better lenses?
I have a zoom close up lens from Prinz, bought at around 1980. I'm still happy with it and I still use it: the quality is not superb but good, good enough for a person who only sometimes wants to make a close up pic. I use it for making pics from flowers and that works fine.
I know that lens was sold under different names, so maybe it's the same as the lens you inherited. Anyway why shouldn't you try it? An adaptor is not that expensive, and maybe you can use an ordinary step up ring.