Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-22-2021, 05:31 PM - 2 Likes   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I rented a DA*11–18mm and D FA 150–450mm from LensRentals for my trip to Badlands National Park last month. They are serious about doing a good job of shipping, so if you rent a giant lens, they actually will put all the gear in a branded Pelican case, wrap it in a box, and ship it to you that way. You can elect to have them ship to a FedEx location for you to pick up if you don’t have an address where you know you’ll be home to sign for the package. When I’ve rented just a single, smaller lens, it comes in a soft case inside very well-padded cardboard box. They even include the tape to re-seal the box so that you can put on the new label over the old one, tape up, and drop off at a FedEx Office. I did that in Sioux Falls on my drive back from Badlands National Park. (I also only shipped them back the D FA 150–450mm…they gave me a reasonable price to buy and keep the DA*11–18mm, and so I did so. The rental price, up to one week, is deducted from the purchase price, too.)

07-22-2021, 07:09 PM - 1 Like   #17
Closed Account

Original Poster
Thanks to all of you for replying!
07-25-2021, 07:16 AM - 2 Likes   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by robgski Quote
Yessir! The service and selection was great back in the day, but all good things must end. I will try Lens Rentals soon. I want to do it when I'll have a chance to make the best use of the gear.
Agreed on Borrowlenses. They started liquidating their Pentax gear some years ago. They had different membership levels for free shipping and other discounts, but appear to have suspended that program for the moment.
Lens Rentals has a similar membership program that might be worthwhile if you rent 2 or more times/year.
07-25-2021, 08:10 AM   #19
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
practice hint: for @Michael Piziak and others

visit their site and sign up for email notifications and you will get any discount coupons they send out

QuoteOriginally posted by WideVistas490 Quote
. . . Lens Rentals has a similar membership program that might be worthwhile if you rent 2 or more times/year.
for $ 99 a year

QuoteQuote:
Lensrentals HD is our shipping discount program. By signing up, you'll get free Standard Shipping via FedEx on all the orders you place for one year, and you'll even save 50% on all FedEx Overnight shipping. Sadly, orders shipped to AK & HI are not eligible.

No items are excluded from the program: if we carry it, we'll ship it free. Need a jib in Los Angeles? It's free. Need 10 tripods in Miami? Totally free.
Lensrentals ? What is Lensrentals HD?

QuoteQuote:
Rental Agreement
Lensrentals.com - Rent Lenses and Cameras from Canon, Nikon, Olympus, Sony, Leica, and more

FAQ link

Lensrentals Support

QuoteOriginally posted by mtkeller Quote
. . . they gave me a reasonable price to buy and keep the DA*11–18mm, and so I did so. The rental price, up to one week, is deducted from the purchase price, too.)

https://help.lensrentals.com/26472-keeper

Last edited by aslyfox; 07-25-2021 at 08:30 AM.