Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2021, 08:00 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Interesting article about FA Ltds on Sony A7R4

MAP camera posted a nice evaluation of our Three Amigos last October. Lovely photos and kind words.

?????????????SONY ?7RIV ◊ PENTAX FA Limited Series ?????? | MAP ◊ Mountadapter

07-24-2021, 08:31 AM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Very nice words indeed. I found that the translation from www.deepl.com is probably closer to the original meaning than the Google translation that gets used when choosing a language at the top of the page. Though with deepl, you can't embed a whole website at once (unless installing a browser addon), but copying the text over passage by passage works well.
07-24-2021, 08:57 AM   #3
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
nice read, especially with respect that the FA Limiteds aren't supposed to be super-corrected darlings of the MTF chart crowd....

on a side note, I've purchased several lenses from Map Camera and they always exceed my expectations...

Last edited by pepperberry farm; 07-24-2021 at 10:17 AM.
07-24-2021, 12:37 PM - 1 Like   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I assume he shot these with the SMC versions? I canít really tell the image clearly shows a silver FA 43 And the C of SMC is visible.

07-24-2021, 12:47 PM - 3 Likes   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
nice read, especially with respect that the FA Limiteds aren't supposed to be super-corrected darlings of the MTF chart crowd....
Imagine if when the 31 or 77 LTD came out the lens test junkies had today's test science to use? They would describe these lenses as the most irregular; CA ridden pieces of junk to hit the market.

One reason I don't bother with lens reviews these days. They cannot see past their charts.
07-25-2021, 01:56 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I guess the Limited philosophy really is unique.