Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-03-2021, 07:13 AM - 6 Likes   #16
Forum Member

Finally it arrived.
I´ve had only limited time, so I took some non beautiful shots in the Garden. Please don´t be shoked by the "portrait"
I took some comparison shots with the old sdm but my tripod moved between the sots, so it is not comparable.
As you can see, I´m using "only" the K3II.

I´ll make it the other way: I´m waiting for the pricedrop of the K3III.
I was so frustrated by the unstable performance of the old Lens....sometimes I get dream shots....and sometimes totally crap.
Hopefully the new one is better (it MUST be better, whan I look at the money I spend for it)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
SM-G973F  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
SM-G973F  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-03-2021, 07:15 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Very smooth looking.
08-03-2021, 08:43 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The photos look excellent, with very smooth backgrounds and sharp details. Especially the flower shots.
08-03-2021, 09:39 PM   #19
sbc
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I have pediophobia after watching too many horror movies as a child. Otherwise great images. 😂

08-04-2021, 08:15 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by licht96 Quote
Finally it arrived.
I´ve had only limited time, so I took some non beautiful shots in the Garden. Please don´t be shoked by the "portrait"
I took some comparison shots with the old sdm but my tripod moved between the sots, so it is not comparable.
As you can see, I´m using "only" the K3II.

I´ll make it the other way: I´m waiting for the pricedrop of the K3III.
I was so frustrated by the unstable performance of the old Lens....sometimes I get dream shots....and sometimes totally crap.
Hopefully the new one is better (it MUST be better, whan I look at the money I spend for it)
Thanks for posting these! Very much in line with my first shots. I think your frustrations with the SDM will be quickly forgotten with the PLM. I know mine will!
08-07-2021, 09:00 AM   #21

QuoteOriginally posted by licht96 Quote
Finally it arrived.
I´ve had only limited time, so I took some non beautiful shots in the Garden.
Awesome! Thanks for taking time to post a few photos (even if they are just initial trials)! Many people are excited to see examples coming from this newly released lens... and very very few example pics have been shared so far.
08-09-2021, 02:43 AM - 5 Likes   #22
Forum Member

Ok. This weekend I took the lens with me on a trip to friends.
Unfortunately I can´t share lot of photos, as I mostly took shots of the friends.

Here some I can share. It´s the first and the last time I uses “Iris optimierung” (in german – don´t know the original function in English) for my daughters eyes. I took the default settings and realized afterward, that it looks not normal (more like a devil ;-) ).

But looking now at the photos (all the other ones as well) I think it was a good invest. I can trust this lens to 100% compared to the …hmm let´s say 60% of the old one.
I took some bike photos as well, where all driving towards me @f2.8. Yes – I know…more a test for the camera for some people. But I was (since the 55-300 PLM) more convinced by the AF of the K3II. It proofs one more time, that a big part lies at the slow lenses of Pentax.
With the new AF motor the 16-50 performs perfect with the old AF-C, Large field chosen track-program.
That would not be possible with the old SDM, I think.

One drawback: I´m carrying the camera with the peak design holder direct on the belt of my trousers. Now with the much heavier lens, the belt is really at the limit

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 II  Photo 
08-10-2021, 09:10 AM   #23

Licht96- The image of your daughter in the segelboot is just awesome! Thanks for posting a variety of shots. Like Ishuini's initial garden samples... it looks like the in and out of focus image rendering at close focus is excellent.

For those who have not yet noticed... there are some new Japanese review samples (part 2) at the following link(s), both links regard the same material:
- Pentax HD DA* 16-50mm f2.8 to be released in August - Page 18 - PentaxForums.com see post #260.
- ?????? HD PENTAX-DA?16-50mmF2.8ED PLM AW @ review vol.2 ? ?? ???? ????? 2021 - ????