Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2021, 03:42 PM   #1

Help findings lens hoods for my K1000

Hello again everyone,

I am currently on the hunt for some lens hoods for 3 of my lenses. I have tried eBay but I am unable to find anything that is not already sold as a package deal. Does anyone know how common hoods are? Or is there somewhere I can get them besides eBay? I would really appreciate the help, I'm also going to post in the wanted thread as well, I just wanted to make sure I was not missing something. As always, thanks so much for the help. This forum is such a wonderful place!

Lenses: SMC Pentaxx A35 35mm-105mm f3.5 MF
Asahi SMC Pentax M 24mm f2.8 (With Bayonet Mount)
Asahi 50mm f2 (I believe it is the stock 50mm)

Thanks again!

08-27-2021, 06:11 PM - 1 Like   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I just looked the hood models up in the lens review section, I don't have these lenses. But finding originals could be very hard, some may not have come with the hood, it may have been an "option". RH-B 70mm is just a rubber hood, so a generic 67mm rubber hood should work. I don't think there is a M 24mm lens, but the K used PH-S52 is harder since it is a square clip on, probably a generic screw on rubber or metal will work. Not sure which 50 you are talking about, but look it up in the lens reviews. There are a lot of aftermarket lens hoods that screw on to the filter threads. You may have to do a trial and error to make sure they don't cause vignetting. Find a pic of the originals, and kind of guess the size if you have to. Even if they are not perfect, it's better than no hood.
08-27-2021, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #3
Pentaxian

I'd get generic rubber hoods and continue to keep an eye out for the originals. It could take some time to find them.
08-28-2021, 02:20 AM - 1 Like   #4
Pentaxian

I've had some luck finding original bayonet-fit lens hoods, both for Pentax and Tamron lenses, by doing a general search (not just eBay) for the specific part number of the hood. Some retailers maintain stock lists of "odds and ends" whilst some 3rd-party manufacturers don't list on eBay. However, just because they're available doesn't mean they're necessarily cheap!
The original part number for the hood, should be in the associated documentation for the lens … which may be almost as difficult to find!
If a lens doesn't have a bayonet fit for a hood, any suitably-threaded rubber, metal or plastic hood of appropriate length will serve adequately. If the lens is being used on an APS-C body, rather than full-frame (or film) it can afford to be longer than the original.
I appreciate this isn't a solution if one is trying to complete a collection

08-28-2021, 10:34 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Here's the list of hoods for the K Series lenses:

Guide to Pentax K series lens hoods - PentaxForums.com

Phil.
08-28-2021, 01:47 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I use a tulip type hood on my Pentax 16-85. It works really well.
08-28-2021, 07:30 PM   #7

Original Poster
Awesome responses everybody! I figured I'd ask here first, I had a feeling finding the originals would take some time. I will continue to do my researching. Thank you all so much very for your help and your time. It is much appreciated!

-Ben