Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 9 Likes Search this Thread
09-15-2021, 10:24 AM   #46

If you can buy one for $30.00, I recommend buying it. That is a bargain!

09-15-2021, 12:30 PM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by vonBaloney Quote
You can buy a PK->Tmount (made for T-mount bellows) and a Tmount->m42 off ebay right now for $30 or so.
With the correct male/female threading? Looking now.

Nothing found. The only K Mount (female / body side Mount) to “T” adapters I find are not the same T Mount. They are Leica SLT bayonet Mount. Can you add links?

Plenty of T to K. Which isn’t helpful.

Last edited by UncleVanya; 09-15-2021 at 12:40 PM.
09-15-2021, 12:43 PM   #48
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
With the correct male/female threading? Looking now.
If you look up "Spiratone T-Flange for Pentax K" (which is the same thing Wheatridge has -- maybe he wants to sell his?), that's one version. (Must be the one that says "Flange", not T-mount adapter. I see at least one of those on ebay right now. You can also find often Vivitar "Lens Mount Adpater Ring" -- that's the same thing for their t-mount based bellows systems. (I don't see any of those for Pentax right now, but they come up once in a while.) With both of these, you can find Pentax K versions, but also Nikon, Minolta, etc as they are meant for universal t-mount based bellows (which uses standard t-mount adapters on the camera side for whatever body is used).

Then you find a generic T-mount-m42 adapter, not hard. (Or just buy one of the t-mount bellows systems.)

There are also reversing rings, i.e. 49mm -> T-mount from Vivitar in order to reverse mount a normal lens by the filter threads to a T-mount bellows, if that's interesting to you. (search for "vivitar reverse adapter ring")
09-15-2021, 12:46 PM   #49
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ok I think I found a way. I can get a PK to EOS and an EOS to m42. I’m going to try this.

09-16-2021, 07:35 AM   #50

Original Poster
I am all in! I don't have the machine shop....

---------- Post added 09-16-21 at 08:40 AM ----------

---------- Post added 09-16-21 at 08:40 AM ----------

---------- Post added 09-16-21 at 08:53 AM ----------

Ok I think I found a way. I can get a PK to EOS and an EOS to m42. I’m going to try this.
Brilliant! PK to EOS then EOS to M42! I'll order them online!
09-16-2021, 08:06 AM   #51

Kingman and Uncle Vanya send me your addresses, then I will ship you what I have. I assembled them last night. The Samsung adapters I have are not the highest qualitity, but they work for what you are doing.
09-16-2021, 12:02 PM   #52
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Dentax Quote
Kingman and Uncle Vanya send me your addresses, then I will ship you what I have. I assembled them last night. The Samsung adapters I have are not the highest qualitity, but they work for what you are doing.
That’s very kind. I’d also like to send you $. Pm on the way.

09-20-2021, 07:33 PM   #53
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

It already arrived! That was fast. The adapter is excellently built. Here’s a shot of all of the gear I needed tonight to shoot and dismantle the gear (other than my K-3, my tripod, and the lighting) for a quick test:

Franken-Macro! by -vanya_42nd-

Here’s an action shot:

More Frankenstein-Macro by -vanya_42nd-

And a close up of the lens and adapter:

More Frankenstein-Macro by -vanya_42nd-

This worked well but I’m too tired to pull the files up that I shot right now. As I disassembled I did run into a small problem. Did anyone notice the eyeglass screwdriver? The K Mount adapter side has a nice spring loaded positive click locking mechanism. It worked great. Until I went to remove the lens and I realized the button was missing to unlock it from the Mount! Never fear, the slot is obvious (see closeup image of the lens on the adapter above for a good view of it) and there’s a small screw hole that the eyeglass screwdriver fits well - I was able to pull the pin back and release the lens. Phew!
09-20-2021, 08:50 PM   #54

If you can not find the knob or lever, let me know. Who knows what I have stashed around.
09-21-2021, 05:51 AM   #55
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

If you can not find the knob or lever, let me know. Who knows what I have stashed around.
Thank you. I’ll look in the box again. Maybe it fell out during shipping.
09-25-2021, 03:11 PM   #56

How soon we forget:

K1 II and home made M42/K adaptor for fitting M42 screw fitting items. - PentaxForums.com
09-25-2021, 06:32 PM - 1 Like   #57

Members on Pentax Forums amaze me on how clever they can be to solve problems! Great minds think alike. It is really the same solution each made with the tools available each builder.
09-26-2021, 07:13 AM   #58
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The plastic cap solution never really interested me.
09-28-2021, 09:28 AM   #59

The plastic cap solution never really interested me.
Me neither. You rely on breakable plastic as well as the adhesives. Not to my liking. But it is an option. Doesn't Op-Tech or someone make metal end caps? But then it is still a question of adhesives.
09-28-2021, 05:09 PM   #60
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Me neither. You rely on breakable plastic as well as the adhesives. Not to my liking. But it is an option. Doesn't Op-Tech or someone make metal end caps? But then it is still a question of adhesives.
I'm not sure if OpTech does but they do make some beefy plastic ones.