Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2021, 12:28 PM - 1 Like   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bdery Quote
The nice people at Irix told me they'd send one my way so I'll be able to review it for Pentaxforums. In the meantime, most of the current K-mount lenses have been reviewed in a methodical fashion, with easy comparisons between lenses, here on Pentaxforums.
It is good to have nice friends. I will be looking forward to the review, To be clear there probably are not many people who research products before purchase any more than i do. I believe I have a good understanding of the strengths and weaknesses (Pentax products, none) of the lenses in question and have always given added weight to the PF reviews as they are mostly spot on. As often happens questions I post, probably do to lack of detailed specificity, tend to invite expanded conversation and there is nothing wrong with that. If we take this whole thing too seriously it could run into money.

10-14-2021, 05:11 AM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gump Quote
have always given added weight to the PF reviews as they are mostly spot on.
Thank you! As I've written most of the recent reviews, I appreciate that comment.
12-18-2021, 06:09 AM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
For those of you who have not dumped this thread, I did get find a used 35mm 2.4 in the Amazon Warehouse for 75 bucks. It was rated GOOD and thought what the heck it can be returned. I cannot with my limited experience find anything wrong with it in operation or a surface blemish. As predicted here and in reviews it produces great images. So, thanks for your opinions/expertise. Now what can I spend my money on?
12-18-2021, 06:34 AM   #19
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For those of you who have not dumped this thread, I did get find a used 35mm 2.4 in the Amazon Warehouse for 75 bucks. It was rated GOOD and thought what the heck it can be returned. I cannot with my limited experience find anything wrong with it in operation or a surface blemish. As predicted here and in reviews it produces great images. So, thanks for your opinions/expertise. Now what can I spend my money on?

if you are ready to start your LBA in full, try the Limited series...

(:

12-18-2021, 08:45 AM - 1 Like   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
if you are ready to start your LBA in full, try the Limited series...

(:
You agriculturalists have a wry sense of humor. I see this as a two plateau situation. I am on the budget level which matches my resources(time, money, energy) and product market, ME. If the ship comes in, yes that ship, then it will be time to move on up to your level, Full Frame or bigger, and UFE lenses. The next subject is computer monitors which will be a new thread soon.
12-18-2021, 08:55 AM - 2 Likes   #21
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Most of my primes sit in a drawer and hardly ever come out anymore.
Todays fast zooms have more than enough IQ.

I use a light and "small" Tamron 17-50mm ƒ2.8 XR Di-II LD almost exclusively these days, even in foul weather.
It does just about everything I need in my digital setup.

City Frame-255
by Eric Auer, on Flickr
12-18-2021, 09:13 AM - 3 Likes   #22
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

You agriculturalists have a wry sense of humor. I see this as a two plateau situation. I am on the budget level which matches my resources(time, money, energy) and product market, ME. If the ship comes in, yes that ship, then it will be time to move on up to your level, Full Frame or bigger, and UFE lenses. The next subject is computer monitors which will be a new thread soon.

funny thing - I find myself in a similar field (see what I did there?), as far as my market (me, myself, and I) and my resources...

my hobby pays for none of itself other than the occasional sell-off of equipment....

I rarely buy new equipment and am currently shooting bodies dating back 10 years and lenses that date back to the '50's....

12-18-2021, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #23
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pepperberry farm Quote
funny thing - I find myself in a similar field (see what I did there?), as far as my market (me, myself, and I) and my resources...

my hobby pays for none of itself other than the occasional sell-off of equipment....

I rarely buy new equipment and am currently shooting bodies dating back 10 years and lenses that date back to the '50's....
This morning I was watching James Popsys' Vlog on YouTube. He was reviewing his SONY something or other IV. It is a 3000 camera and he said he was getting dust on the sensor. His camera is one of the cheaper ones on the Vlogs I follow (Danson, Denney, Heaton). I understand that people who do this stuff for a living may need certain tools to produce quality and quantity. I have pondered on the idea of a Vlog focusing on the other end of the spectrum, simple and cheap. Those who know me would attest to my qualifications.
12-18-2021, 09:31 AM - 1 Like   #24
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

+1 to @pepperberry_farm

Many of us who seem to have a copious amount of gear (and I've been divesting myself of lenses over the last year or so) are happily - even preferably - shooting older bodies and lenses that were purchased used.

Personally, I'd rather have my K-3 II and K-70 than a single K-1, as a dual-camera setup suits me better.
12-21-2021, 02:07 PM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Eric Auer Quote
Most of my primes sit in a drawer and hardly ever come out anymore.
Todays fast zooms have more than enough IQ.

I use a light and "small" Tamron 17-50mm ƒ2.8 XR Di-II LD almost exclusively these days, even in foul weather.
It does just about everything I need in my digital setup.

City Frame-255
by Eric Auer, on Flickr
I also have a f2.8 zoom, the DA*16-50, but funny enough, I can't put it on one of my cameras and have the whole thing fit in my coat pocket... which my K-S1 with DA 21 Limited willl And then I'll have the DA 70 Limited on another pocket... that's been my walk around setup the last few weeks.
12-21-2021, 02:11 PM - 1 Like   #26
Pentaxian

People around these parts are always very pleased to help people part ways with their money

Once you have bought your monitor, spending some time getting it calibrated and making sure your pictures and processing are coming out the way you want, might be the wisest investment - taking the time to take lots of pictures and creating your look and your vision in photography.