Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 5 Likes Search this Thread
10-08-2021, 01:59 PM   #31
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

B&H will generally be able to give a delivery time, yet I have experienced an earlier day rather than a later one! And this was fairly recent, as I ordered the HD version of the FA 35mm f/2 and some ink for my printer. But I live in Michigan. Too bad your flight does not have a layover in NYC! If you will be staying at the same hotel for a while, this should be doable.

Also check with the hotel as to receiving packages from B&H camera in NYC. The other matter is, they do not work after 1/2 day on Friday until Sunday which is a regular work day, but on Sunday I'm not sure the shipping company is available then so it may go out early on Monday- the B&H rep will know. If you order mid-day on Thursday, it will likely go out early on Friday, but I believe this can be checked with them, even on line.

Last edited by mikesbike; 10-08-2021 at 02:10 PM.
10-08-2021, 02:02 PM - 1 Like   #32
Pentaxian

Delays of a day or two are super common (no matter the carrier) in the US these days, so I would want the lens to arrive before me or have a buffer of a few delivery days extra...
10-08-2021, 09:47 PM   #33
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Separate sales tax is what happens when a country is founded by tax protesters. People want to know how much tax they are paying.
10-09-2021, 01:06 AM   #34
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Tjompen1968 Quote
How long delivery times am I to expect from B&H or Adorama?
I don't know, I'm not B&H or Adorama.

10-09-2021, 09:19 PM   #35
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Two or three days to Biloxi. The website gives an accurate time of arrival when you order.
10-09-2021, 09:22 PM   #36
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxus Quote
Two or three days to Biloxi. The website gives an accurate time of arrival when you order.
Well, it gives a time, but not always accurate. (Fully half of my packages both coming and going have been arriving a day or two late the last couple months -- from USPS, UPS, Fedex.) I'd wouldn't want to be in the situation of having left town before it was delivered.
10-10-2021, 04:13 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
One thing for the OP to consider is warranty,

I know stuff isn’t supposed to break, but if it does, unless you also get an international warranty, warranties are only offered in the country of sale, you may not be able to get warranty service when you go back home.

The issue is financial, warranty budgets are based in each country based upon the sales in that country. Your home country won’t necessarily have any funds from the sale to support warranty.

10-12-2021, 07:39 AM   #38
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
The only Pentax products you're likely to find in Biloxi are some binoculars in a gun store. I wouldn't expect New Orleans to have much more inventory. Here in Denver, I haven't seen a Pentax camera or lens in a new-retail store in a decade. Almost all of us, I bet, buy out of the forum here or from one of the big NYC mail order houses, B&H and Adorama.
I believe they will not ship to a hotel, only to a residential or business address.

Looks like I am not buying a lens in the US. To complicated. I stick with the EU.

Thanks all!
Best to stick with buying locally. That often means spending more but you get a guarantee that will be valid without paying out a large sum to ship it back to where it was originally bought.
10-12-2021, 08:02 AM   #39
LSR

If I unpack and use it I need not pay any extra.

---------- Post added 10-08-21 at 05:00 PM ----------

Yes, one year warranty, repair in Sweden. When buying in Sweden it is two years.
It might be worth looking into claiming back the tax.

I'm not sure of the monetary requirements or procedures between the USA and Sweden, but a few years back I was in the UK and bought a few expensive items and I was able to claim back a large portion of the VAT paid as I was returning to Canada.

There were forms to fill out, and the cheque was mailed to me a few weeks after I returned.

Oh yeah, my experience with Amazon pickup lockers in other countries have been great so far. On checkout just pick a locker location that is convenient, the item ships and when it is delivered to the locker you get an email with a pass code to enter (or a bar code for the locker to scan if you use a phone). When you get to the locker, enter your code or scan your phone, and the locker door pops open revealing your package.

2 things I've run into with Amazon lockers though. 1) they won't ship some bigger ticket items to lockers as they might require signatures on delivery 2) you only have a few days to pick up the item, they email you a warning if it's not picked up about when it will be returned.

Enjoy your trip!
10-12-2021, 08:17 AM   #40
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I have no clue to where I should put this thread so I am putting it here...

I am travelling from Sweden to USA, Mississippi and was thinking of getting a new lens for my camera. A DA20-40. I will be in Biloxi close to New Orleans. Is there a good place to buy said lens arround there?

I will bring my K-3 III so ideas of good subject matter also would be appreciated

/T
I'm guessing you will have a connecting flight somewhere in the US, when you fly from Stockholm. If you fly through NYC and have time between connecting flights, order from B+H and go for the in-store pickup. You can be in and out of the store in less than 10 minutes.

Phil.
10-13-2021, 04:57 AM   #41

I have no clue to where I should put this thread so I am putting it here...

I am travelling from Sweden to USA, Mississippi and was thinking of getting a new lens for my camera. A DA20-40. I will be in Biloxi close to New Orleans. Is there a good place to buy said lens arround there?

I will bring my K-3 III so ideas of good subject matter also would be appreciated

/T
Maybe buy from the Forum or B&H and have them ship it to the local UPS or US Post Office of your 1st city? They can hold it for you.