Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-04-2008, 02:40 PM   #1

first macro lens?

i ask you if you know the first macro lens?

i image it was a m42 lens.

it is exact?

12-04-2008, 03:50 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by platinum Quote
i ask you if you know the first macro lens?

i image it was a m42 lens.

it is exact?
Do I don't.
12-04-2008, 04:04 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
No idea which was the first macro lens, but it was definitely in M42 mount...or something weirder.

When you say "macro", do you mean 1:1?
12-04-2008, 04:15 PM   #4

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
No idea which was the first macro lens, but it was definitely in M42 mount...or something weirder.

When you say "macro", do you mean 1:1?
good question

1:1 or also 1:2

12-04-2008, 04:45 PM   #5

Original Poster
i found this lik
History of the single-lens reflex camera - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Kilfitt 4 cm f/3.5 Makro-Kilar (West Germany/Liechtenstein): first close focusing "macro" lens for 35 mm SLRs (for Exaktas and others). Version D focused from infinity to 1:1 ratio (life-size) at two inches; version E, to 1:2 ratio (half life-size) at four inches. ...
12-04-2008, 05:14 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would imagine the first macro lens was probably what ever produced the first 1:1 reportuction on a view camera in the late 1800's

Oh, you mean pentax??? sorry.
12-04-2008, 05:19 PM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I would imagine the first macro lens was probably what ever produced the first 1:1 reportuction on a view camera in the late 1800's

Oh, you mean pentax??? sorry.
i ask info for reflex (k bayonet, m42...).
12-04-2008, 06:53 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by platinum Quote
i ask info for reflex (k bayonet, m42...).
In our lens database there are 50 and 100 mm SMC super tak macros

I would be suprised if there is not an earlier M42 macro, but then again there was a M42 bellows

12-05-2008, 01:25 AM   #9
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
In our lens database there are 50 and 100 mm SMC super tak macros

I would be suprised if there is not an earlier M42 macro, but then again there was a M42 bellows
I used to make my own----when I was much younger and much poorer, I would take the core from a toilet paper roll and adjust the length of it to make an extension tube, and since I have fairly large hands, could hold the lens and the 'extension tube' with one hand and release the shutter with the other. It worked particularly well with older cameras that didn't get upset about the lack of exposure linkage connections. It is also a lowcost adapter for reversing the lens if you plan on extending beyond 1:1.
12-05-2008, 02:53 AM   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rvannatta Quote
I used to make my own----when I was much younger and much poorer, I would take the core from a toilet paper roll and adjust the length of it to make an extension tube, and since I have fairly large hands, could hold the lens and the 'extension tube' with one hand and release the shutter with the other. It worked particularly well with older cameras that didn't get upset about the lack of exposure linkage connections. It is also a lowcost adapter for reversing the lens if you plan on extending beyond 1:1.
i tried both approaches - toilet paper extension tube with my m42 zenit camera (toilet paper core is exactly 42mm), and reversed 28mm lens. both worked like a charm, especially reversed 28mm, magnification was incredible, and it was pretty easy to hold the lens aligned since it have 62mm filter thread - fits nicely to outer rim of k-mount, perfect for alignment.
12-05-2008, 04:43 PM   #11
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by elkarrde Quote
i tried both approaches - toilet paper extension tube with my m42 zenit camera (toilet paper core is exactly 42mm), and reversed 28mm lens. both worked like a charm, especially reversed 28mm, magnification was incredible, and it was pretty easy to hold the lens aligned since it have 62mm filter thread - fits nicely to outer rim of k-mount, perfect for alignment.
My 'book learning' on photography has generally taught that you should reverse the lens if you are extending beyond 1:1 on the theory that the lenses are corrected and designed on the assumption that the 'big image would be to the front of the lense and the 'small' image to the back. Thus it logically makes sense to reverse the lens if you are using it to 'enlarge' an object.