Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-05-2008, 07:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yashicor lenses ???

I've ran across one of these ( Yashicor 135 f2.8 M42 mount ) at a low price and am wondering if they are a good lens. I have read somewhere that some Yashica / Contax lenses are in line with Leica.

I'm not sure what I would use that FL for but if I can get it cheap enough it might be fun to play with.

12-05-2008, 08:20 AM   #2

Yashicor is the entry grade lens, not as good as yashinon. Also single coated or not coated.
12-05-2008, 09:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Info's sparse about the M42 Yashicors, but I think vanchaz is right.

M42 Yashinons go like this:
DX - probably single coated, with A/M switch, supplanted by:
DS - also single coated, without A/M switch, supplanted by:
DS-M - multi coated, without A/M switch, last of the M42's

However, it seems like the different models co-existed in the market for quite a bit.

I would guess the Yashicor was the budget line at the time of the DX Yashinon.
12-05-2008, 08:17 PM   #4

I loved the DX lenses. It comes with either silver/black or all black looking. I collect all DX lens with Silver/Black looking. It's just a piece of art work. Also the DX 50/1.4 is fantastic even wide open.