Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-06-2008, 08:52 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I hadn't considered the Sigma 105. I'll do some research on this lens over the weekend. Thank you.

12-06-2008, 09:13 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
It is my experience that the 100mm lenght gives greater working distance, which prevents shadows on the subject. It also is easier to use a ring flash with 100mm. My ring flash is designed for 100mm lenses. The 35 and 50mm lenses are a little short to use for insects, but work better on a copy stand. The FA100 also has an appeture ring which allows use with a bellows for the real close micro projects.

Dave

QuoteOriginally posted by forestmage Quote
Hi Folks,

Just looking for some opinions regarding a Pentax macro lens. I mainly photograph flowers as opposed to insects and so am leaning towards the 35 Ltd lens, but am also considering the FA 100 for the longer reach for those times when it would come in handy. Thanks in advance for any replies.