Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-12-2007, 06:36 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
M42 Screw mount adapter

I bought an 'other than Pentax' adapter on eBay awhile back. I just now have used it. It seemed to work fine until I tried to remove it from the K1000 body with the included wrench. The adapter turns back a little but then just stops. Does anyone have a similar experience and/or a suggestion as to how to extricate this little 'devil from my body'?

03-12-2007, 07:12 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
It shoud have two holes where you put "wrench". In one of those holes is also a stopper so that you cannot unscrew adapter. You have to press that stopper with the wrench and then when you turn a bit, you'll be stopped by camera's mount. Then you need to lift the wrench a bit, so that you still are able to turn the adapter, but to avoid the mount.
I hope this unstructured reply helps.
Branimir
03-12-2007, 07:26 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks

I'll try this when I get home. When I first got this l'l thing it went in and out very easily, so I know it is possible. Thanks
03-12-2007, 09:52 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm guessing you did precisely the same thing I did. I put it in, turned it a bit, then turned it back and took it out again.

The difference with the lens mounted is that you turned the thing farther and the little spring latch engaged. Think about it, there has to be something in there to prevent the thing from just rotating freely right back out of the camera when the lens is mounted. Look very carefully and you'll see it.

03-12-2007, 01:32 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Yup

I was trying too hard this morning on my way out of the house. I am home and I got it out (it's pretty snug) and I see how the two parts work together. Thank you both for your help.