11-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Glad to see you back again, Salty!

Steve
Thanks Steve! It's good to be back, as soon as I get thoroughly familiar with the K3-iii, hopefully I'll be posting some shots. With all the time I spent with the K1's, I'm hankering to get back to the aspc format. One of my favoritest lenses of all time is the DA 55-135, I really loved shooting with it and I'm looking forward to getting back to it.
NaCl(kinda a back to the future type of thing)H2O

---------- Post added 11-13-21 at 05:04 PM ----------

Oops! Well I said I'd lost track of the aspc stuff, I had thought that the lens mentioned above was 55-135 but it's been so long that I haven't shot with it that it grew 5mm in my mind.
NaCl(or maybe it's that I'm on the unfortunate side of 70)H2O

---------- Post added 11-13-21 at 05:27 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
You may want to follow this thread on the Pentax DA 12-24mm and the Pentax DA* 11-18mm lenses. The former is one which I've owned a long time and has received praise from various users over the years. The later is the newest and greatest (and more expensive and heavy).

First impressions DA* 11-18 vs DA 12-24 - PentaxForums.com

I'm following along too, mostly to see whether I should take the dive and spend that large sum for the similar, newer WA lens.

Edit: Jinx! it appears we posted at just the same time!
I own the 12-24, but I got tired of the flare problems I had with that lens. However "smaller and lighter" is a good deal. I own the ff Pentax 15-30 which is a lovely lens and has both sharpness and good quality bokeh, which I love but the lens is big and heavy and it frequently stays home if I'm just "going out shooting". There have been times I've missed not having it in the bag but I certainly haven't missed carrying it around for 4 hours or more. I also want something faster than f/4.0
NaCl(maybe a trip down to Adorama would be helpful)H2O
12-13-2021, 09:41 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I have a Sigma 8-16.
Results below.

And the DA 10-17 fisheye

I liked the Sigma 8-16mm Very sharp, not too large, and available under $500 used. The barrel distortion was too large and uneven for my architectural work, so I sold it on. I'd use it for travel and landscapes, though. It's slow, so don't expect to do astro with it.
12-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatridger Quote
It's slow, so don't expect to do astro with it.
It does OK on the K-1

Pentax K-1 Sigma 8-16mm f/4.5-5.6 @ f/8 t=1m 20s ISO 3200 - un-stacked and cropped image.