Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
12-12-2021, 09:07 AM - 2 Likes   #1

Photos: Albums
Pentax DA *2.8/11-18

I walked a little with my friend in one of the St. Petersburg museums and took a few pictures just "for me", as a keepsake, without the slightest claim to "artistry".
Long exposure (~ 1/20 s), aperture almost completely open (f = 4.0@11mm). Pay attention to the text at the bottom of the diorama - it is truly clear.
I am extremely satisfied with this lens; in terms of sharpness it surpasses all wide-angle lenses that I have and have.

---------- Post added 12th Dec 2021 at 19:09 ----------

Sorry, the forum cuts the photos a lot, so you, alas, will not be able to evaluate the clarity of the text.
Maybe then it is better to delete this post altogether, so as not to mislead anyone?

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-3 Mark III  Photo 
12-12-2021, 09:21 AM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Grokh Quote
I am extremely satisfied with this lens; in terms of sharpness it surpasses all wide-angle lenses that I have and have.
I don't have the lens, but have heard many wonderful things about it - I'm sure you're going to get a lot of enjoyment out of photos taken with it

Sorry, the forum cuts the photos a lot, so you, alas, will not be able to evaluate the clarity of the text.
Maybe then it is better to delete this post altogether, so as not to mislead anyone?
You can upload photos to Flickr and link them here - that's what I do for my photography.

Alternatively, if you don't have an account with Flickr (though it's free for 1000 uploads) you can use a non-photography oriented image hosting website, such as ImgBB to upload the high-res version that people can open in an new tab - it has BBCode (code for the forum) embed links directly on the site too you can cut and paste into your posts.
12-12-2021, 10:04 AM   #3
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

I walked a little with my friend in one of the St. Petersburg museums and took a few pictures just "for me", as a keepsake, without the slightest claim to "artistry".
Long exposure (~ 1/20 s), aperture almost completely open (f = 4.0@11mm). Pay attention to the text at the bottom of the diorama - it is truly clear.
I've heard the DA*11-18 is an excellent lens. To sharply reproduce the text at the bottom of that frame at f/4 is impressive indeed. My humble Tamron 10-24 might just manage that at 10mm and f/8, but otherwise it would be a stretch

You get what you pay for with wide angle lenses, that's for sure.

I shall have to enjoy your DA*11-18 vicariously when you post your photos here
12-12-2021, 11:13 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Seems like a joy to use....I have been thinking about this lens. Is the distortion corrected in that photo?

12-12-2021, 12:04 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Michail_P Quote
Seems like a joy to use....I have been thinking about this lens. Is the distortion corrected in that photo?
No. I told my girlfriend about the museum exposition and could not devote much time to photographing. I just lifted the camera and took a picture, not caring about composition or anything else.
12-12-2021, 01:55 PM - 1 Like   #6
Pentaxian

It is indeed a wonderful lens. I am one of the lucky ones that owns one. Usually for taking pictures of trees when in the woods. Now that the trees have lost their leaves it is time to get it out of it box and pouch and put it on the KP. So far I used it only on the K-3 II.