Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-28-2021, 01:17 PM   #1

Pentax Limited Lens Case I vs II

I have seen the Pentax Limited lens case II on sale at B&H, but not the lens case I. Is case I for the 3 amigos I am wondering? Can I find it anywhere?

12-28-2021, 02:09 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I couldn't find the case you were referring to at B&H. However, I do have one of the Pentax Limited cases, but it was apparently designed for the APS-C Limiteds. I use it to carry two of the three FA Limiteds at a time, sometimes others. It's a good design, well-cushioned and easy to carry either with its own sling-strap or fitting neatly in a backpack – either way, I find it's more convenient than carrying two lenses in separate pouches.
12-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #3

Original Poster
This one is at B&H: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/888257-REG/Pentax_85230_Da_Limited_Le...981&
12-28-2021, 02:25 PM - 1 Like   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

OK, thanks. Mine must be Case I, because it only has two dividers, and it certainly wouldn't fit five DA Limiteds.

12-28-2021, 02:26 PM - 1 Like   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
here is a review of the black DA Limited Lens Case 2

QuoteQuote:
The black DA Limited Lens Case 2 from Pentax is designed to hold five Pentax DA lenses; the DA 15mm, 21mm, 35mm Macro, 40mm and 70mm limited lenses. This is a hard shell case with a nylon covering and soft padded lining that is designed to be gentle on the finish of your lenses. There are six interior dividers that can be configured to fit your lenses individual nests. The hinged zippered case comes with an adjustable shoulder strap for easy transportation.

Holds up to five Pentax DA lenses

Hard EVA (ethylene vinyl acetate) case with nylon covering

Soft padded lining

Customizable interior; movable dividers

Adjustable shoulder strap

Full length zippered closure
Pentax Limited Case #2 (85230) reviews - Pentax Camera Accessory Review Database

you can fit other lenses into the case if you wish

it has removable dividers

________________________-

OTE=RobA_Oz;5482286]OK, thanks. Mine must be Case I, because it only has two dividers, and it certainly wouldn't fit five DA Limiteds.[/QUOTE]

hmm, perhaps someone could do a review of the Case I in the Accessories forum

Last edited by aslyfox; 12-28-2021 at 02:33 PM.
12-28-2021, 09:57 PM - 1 Like   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the three lens version. It works well for what it is. If I can dig it up Iíll try to review it with at least two of the fa limited lenses as I no longer own the fa 43.
12-29-2021, 12:06 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have the longer version and don't seem to find much use for it. I tend to pack a camera in a sling bag with a couple lenses, either separated by dividers or 'lens wraps' to protect them from bumps and scrapes in the bag.

The long narrow lens case often is too much for me (don't usually anticipate needing or using all five lenses) and too little (not really suited for SD cards, batteries, cables, straps, other misc items) with no room for the camera when I want to put everything down, protected, for a sandwich.

12-29-2021, 01:24 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by yucatanPentax Quote
I have the longer version and don't seem to find much use for it. I tend to pack a camera in a sling bag with a couple lenses, either separated by dividers or 'lens wraps' to protect them from bumps and scrapes in the bag.

The long narrow lens case often is too much for me (don't usually anticipate needing or using all five lenses) and too little (not really suited for SD cards, batteries, cables, straps, other misc items) with no room for the camera when I want to put everything down, protected, for a sandwich.
The OP is considering one, if you want to sell yours. Just saying.
01-04-2022, 12:38 PM   #9

Original Poster
Thank you for all the replies. Yess I am considering one, but since I live in Turkey and PayPal is not available at the moment, it is hard for me to pay individuals. The only option would be the credit card and that only works for stores usually.
01-04-2022, 01:20 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ahilgaz Quote
Thank you for all the replies. Yess I am considering one, but since I live in Turkey and PayPal is not available at the moment, it is hard for me to pay individuals. The only option would be the credit card and that only works for stores usually.
Find out if any reshipping service works with individual PayPal sales. Hereís an example service I saw - I didnít vet it or verify this functionality- this is simply an example of the type of service Iíve read about.

https://www.myus.com/where-we-ship/turkey/