Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-08-2008, 09:16 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Should I remove adaptall P/K adapter

Hello all,

I have an adaptall-2 P/K adapter (not the P/KA adapter with electrical contacts), I think it touches all 5 electrical contacts of my K200D. I kept the adaptall lens on the body for 2 days without use, I today found my batteries gone empty. When I tuırned off the camera battery looked full to me as far as I remember. Could it be possible battery drained by the reason of created a short circuit by the metal adapter itself? My question is should I remove adaptall-2 P/K adapter immediately after I am finished with the lens.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.
Can.

12-08-2008, 11:39 PM   #2

Many Pentaxians still use old K, M, M42 lenses without electrical contacts, so I don't think that adapter could drain Your battery.
12-08-2008, 11:44 PM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The answer is no. Shorting the contacts will not drain your battery. I have several lenses with conducting bases (M-42 and Pentax-M as well as the Adaptall-2 P/K adapter) and have never had a problem.

Steve
12-09-2008, 06:21 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
The answer is no. Shorting the contacts will not drain your battery. I have several lenses with conducting bases (M-42 and Pentax-M as well as the Adaptall-2 P/K adapter) and have never had a problem.

Steve
Thanks, I am relieved , if it does I would sell all my adaptall stuff.

Best wishes.

12-09-2008, 11:46 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by cbaytan Quote
Thanks, I am relieved , if it does I would sell all my adaptall stuff.

Best wishes.
Glad to be of assistance!

Steve
12-09-2008, 07:57 PM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello all,

I have an adaptall-2 P/K adapter (not the P/KA adapter with electrical contacts), I think it touches all 5 electrical contacts of my K200D. I kept the adaptall lens on the body for 2 days without use, I today found my batteries gone empty. When I tuırned off the camera battery looked full to me as far as I remember. Could it be possible battery drained by the reason of created a short circuit by the metal adapter itself? My question is should I remove adaptall-2 P/K adapter immediately after I am finished with the lens.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.
Can.

I find the newer cameras with the rechargeable battery have very little difference on teh camera meter between full charge and dead. My K10D once it goes to half charge has maybe 20 shots left until it is truely dead.

Also, as many others have posted, your adaptor is no different than having any K mount lens attached
12-10-2008, 12:24 AM   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I find the newer cameras with the rechargeable battery have very little difference on teh camera meter between full charge and dead. My K10D once it goes to half charge has maybe 20 shots left until it is truely dead...
My experience as well.

Steve

12-10-2008, 02:10 AM   #8
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Lowell Goudge Quote
I find the newer cameras with the rechargeable battery have very little difference on teh camera meter between full charge and dead. My K10D once it goes to half charge has maybe 20 shots left until it is truely dead.

Also, as many others have posted, your adaptor is no different than having any K mount lens attached
It is actually old rechargeable batteries property, not the devices used, but a new technology arrived probably you know, Sanyo Eneloop generation, their power/time ratio is more consistent the old ones. AFAIK.

Best wishes.
12-10-2008, 11:31 AM   #9
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

It is actually old rechargeable batteries property, not the devices used, but a new technology arrived probably you know, Sanyo Eneloop generation, their power/time ratio is more consistent the old ones. AFAIK.

Best wishes.
Does Sanyo make a battery to fit the K10D?

Steve
12-10-2008, 02:08 PM   #10
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Does Sanyo make a battery to fit the K10D?

Steve
You don't need that Steve, your battery is dedicated. AA users had problems with old rechargable batteries on Pentax cameras as far as I read from threads, now it's solved, it'is not your issue, I mean you are apart from such issues IMO.

Best wishes
12-10-2008, 03:55 PM   #11
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

You don't need that Steve, your battery is dedicated. AA users had problems with old rechargable batteries on Pentax cameras as far as I read from threads, now it's solved, it'is not your issue, I mean you are apart from such issues IMO.

Best wishes
I understand.

I was responding in regards to Lowell's post. Both of our K10Ds go dead with very little warning.

Steve