Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-14-2022, 05:29 AM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Original Poster
Well, this thread makes me just more confused. Seems like people are recommending lenses... but with caveats.


Looks like the top contender is FA 20mm f/2.8, but is this lens up to snuff in today's world? Or would I be better off getting a separate, more modern lens for digital landscapes?

01-14-2022, 06:24 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter
UncleVanya's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2014
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,080
QuoteOriginally posted by Edmunds Quote
Well, this thread makes me just more confused. Seems like people are recommending lenses... but with caveats.


Looks like the top contender is FA 20mm f/2.8, but is this lens up to snuff in today's world? Or would I be better off getting a separate, more modern lens for digital landscapes?
That depends a lot on your expectations and needs.
01-14-2022, 06:33 AM   #18
Pentaxian
bassek's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 697
Sometimes a Sigma 15-30 pops up, could be another possibility.
It's big btw.

Seb
01-14-2022, 07:29 AM   #19
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 1,028
Sigma 15-30 EX DG.
There's one listed now (mine).

We can work something out, if you are keen.
(Or PM me if you have something else in mind).

(Had a Tokina AT-X 20-35 f2.8 but gone).

01-14-2022, 11:41 AM   #20
New Member




Join Date: Jan 2022
Posts: 8
I also have the FA20f2.8. It is a very decent lens, certainly better than FA20-35mm. However I wont say it is a very modern lens for DSLR. It has light distortion but quite strong CA. The latest 21mmf3.2 limited would be the modern one I think, though it is quite expensive. Attached image is took by FA20, and without distortion corrected, only resized.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
01-16-2022, 10:08 AM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 50
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
That depends a lot on your expectations and needs.
I guess I'm wondering how much difference in IQ there is going all-digital on the wide angle side and using something like the new 21mm f/2.4 (though IMO ridiculously overpriced) or 15-30mm f/2.8 (ridiculous huge) vs going for the old 20mm f/2.8 and being able to use it on both digital and film.


I can't seem to find any DFA 21mm f/2.4 vs FA 20mm f/2.8 direct comparison.


QuoteOriginally posted by bassek Quote
Sometimes a Sigma 15-30 pops up, could be another possibility.
It's big btw.

Seb
QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
Sigma 15-30 EX DG.
There's one listed now (mine).

We can work something out, if you are keen.
(Or PM me if you have something else in mind).

(Had a Tokina AT-X 20-35 f2.8 but gone).
This is a very interesting lens, no idea this even existed.


Do you have any full size images you could post, taken on full frame?


QuoteOriginally posted by cnarchitect Quote
I also have the FA20f2.8. It is a very decent lens, certainly better than FA20-35mm. However I wont say it is a very modern lens for DSLR. It has light distortion but quite strong CA. The latest 21mmf3.2 limited would be the modern one I think, though it is quite expensive. Attached image is took by FA20, and without distortion corrected, only resized.
Thanks
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
35mm, 645n, angle, camera, film, k-mount, k1, lens, lenses, mz-s, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non-conventional wide-angle options bpv_UW Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 35 08-04-2014 06:24 AM
Wide-angle options for Q VisualDarkness Pentax Q 12 10-08-2012 06:57 AM
low budget wide angle lense options? Jim85IROC Pentax K-r 7 03-18-2012 07:13 AM
Wide-angle options AlexD Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 16 05-07-2009 02:41 PM
Wide angle options ? simonkit Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 9 11-20-2007 12:27 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top