Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-05-2022, 02:59 PM   #1

Cleaning optics of Pentax FA 50mm f1.4

Hello pentaxians,

Please hold your horses as I am going to ask a question definitely should not be likeable by any of you.

Once I dropped from more than a meter high the Pentax FA 50 mm f1.4 lens which was having a cheap UV/dust protection filter mounted on it. The latter was the only one to break (apart from my own heart as well).

But fortunately, the lens survived and not only just survived, it stills works as before.

The only effect of felling down from this height was that I can now see lots of dust on the inner side of the two optics (I think two but can't be sure).

I do understand that if this dust is not hurting my photos, there is no need to think of cleaning the optics but just curiosity is if there is any chance these optics can be cleaned in any possible way?

Any help? I will share photos tomorrow of these optics.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
dust, f1.4, fa, k-mount, lens, optics, optics of pentax, pentax, pentax fa 50mm, pentax lens, photos, slr lens