Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 09:53 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by XATN3q Quote
celetron, can you kindly show me how you define the versions of the 77 ?? is it on the serial number or other ways?
they have different coating colour... the one is green the other purple... now i do not remember which is which...

12-16-2008, 05:55 PM   #77
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by m8o Quote
Indeed, the LBA is out of control. Wife agrees (and she now knows what LBA means). A quick/short OT branch. I was hoping I'd never need to use that so never read into that. Two questions (but I'll research myself too), 1) do you have to use an older firmware revision to use that or can you use the latest? 2) do you lose that setting when you turn the camera off, requiring it to be reset each time you turn it on?
thanx much,
-steve

No, you can install this with the latest version 1.3. I found the debug mode in this forum. A computer with Windows XP works better, so I just downloaded the program and the camera was connected with a usb cable to the computer.

The program is always ON, and I want it this way. When you ON the camera, now it says 'debug' on the top left hand corner, which doesn't bother me at all. Also, if you want to you can get rid of the debiug mode easily. But, I like to keep it, as I can dial in the correction to any leans I use.

This link may be helpful...

Photography Rulez: Debug mode with latest firmware (YEAH!)

Adjusting focus is tricky. But, you can always go to zero correction and remove the program with no ill effects. If you just adjust based on the focus chart, sometimes it doesn't always work for distant objects. I adjusted the focus based on a focus chart, and then I adjsted based on an object 5 feet away, and finally after going back and forth, I found the sweet spot, which was +110 for my 43 ltd. it made a HUGE difference, the lens works perfectly now....
12-16-2008, 08:14 PM   #78
Veteran Member

Yeah Celeron what's with those coatings? Which is better to avoid the cyan fringing, my 77 is a !@#$ing cyan fringing king, it's REALLY bothering me.
12-16-2008, 11:37 PM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alfisti Quote
Yeah Celeron what's with those coatings? Which is better to avoid the cyan fringing, my 77 is a !@#$ing cyan fringing king, it's REALLY bothering me.
Ok i think the green one is the old one (not sure though). The new one has better CA control but I have the impression it is slightly softer than the old coating...