Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-16-2008, 10:30 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
It is hard to say. The package may be worth that much if everything is in good condition. What I tend to do is to figure average value for the items I want and minimum value for the things I don't want. Applying that rule I would value the items except for the 16mm at about $85 USD on the US market. Is the 16mm worth the additional $85? Here is an eBay auction on a similar item:
Sigma 16mm Fish eye lens f2.8 - eBay (item 170286954877 end time Dec-17-08 18:00:00 PST)
Steve
The eBay auction of the Sigma that you linked to is for the defunct Canon FD breech mount, which is practically worthless nowadays. I can confidently say that if it was in Pentax PK-A mount like the one I have, there would be many more bids and the bid price would be definitely much, much higher than that.

12-16-2008, 11:02 PM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
The eBay auction of the Sigma that you linked to is for the defunct Canon FD breech mount, which is practically worthless nowadays. I can confidently say that if it was in Pentax PK-A mount like the one I have, there would be many more bids and the bid price would be definitely much, much higher than that.
You own a copy? What is your take on the lens?

Steve

(Always interested in knowing the good ultra-wide options...)
12-16-2008, 11:23 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yes I have one.
It is a good lens but like most fisheyes, one needs to stop down about 2 stops for best sharpness. Unfortunately on APS-C, the FOV isn't as wide as on 35mm film but it is still wider than a rectilinear lens of similar focal length. However the DOF is pretty wide nonetheless.

I think it is better value than the Zenitar as the A setting allows all exposure modes to be used. The lens has a bayonet construction that separates the lens into 2 to allow removal of the internal 22.5mm filter. This filter is integral to the optical design so one should check that it is present if buying used. There are also a few other screw-in filters and a slip-on lens hood that comes with the lens.
12-17-2008, 03:23 AM   #19

Original Poster
Hehe, I like the optimist

All the lenses are A, and they look to be in a decent shape. THe guy said they are about 15 years old and yes all the filters are there. Also polarizers for most of the lenses.
I thjink I will buy the lot, and if I don't like them I can maybe sell them to Myoptimism? ;-)

Thanks guys! I'll post pictures once I get them but please keep the discussion going until then.

12-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #20
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
You are the kind of guy I like bidding when I do a listing!

*clip*

Steve

OTOH...Check this out...SIGMA 16mm 1:2.8 FISHEYE PENTAX K(A) MOUNT K10D/K20D @ - eBay (item 310104443884 end time Dec-28-08 06:11:06 PST)
LOL! I guess I am the kind of guy "I" like when I do listings too.
12-17-2008, 02:29 PM   #21
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Feanor Quote
Hehe, I like the optimist

All the lenses are A, and they look to be in a decent shape. THe guy said they are about 15 years old and yes all the filters are there. Also polarizers for most of the lenses.
I thjink I will buy the lot, and if I don't like them I can maybe sell them to Myoptimism? ;-)

Thanks guys! I'll post pictures once I get them but please keep the discussion going until then.
Sure, I will buy the lot off of you for $170. In fact, I will buy just those three lenses, and you can keep the rest of the stuff for free.