Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
02-19-2022, 11:13 AM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Nikon lenses with a K70?

If I purchase some old Nikon lenses (mated with a Nikon FE camera), is there an adaptor that I could use to mount the Nikon lenses on my K70?

Is it worth doing this?

Wasn't sure where to post this question.

TIA!!

02-19-2022, 11:17 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Theres a discussion here...
F-mount (Nikon) to K-Mount (Pentax) and visa versa - PentaxForums.com

Hope that helps.

Al
02-19-2022, 11:21 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brewmaster15 Quote
Theres a discussion here...
F-mount (Nikon) to K-Mount (Pentax) and visa versa - PentaxForums.com

Hope that helps.

Al
Thank you, that was very informative. Looks like a no go.
02-19-2022, 11:26 AM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
no , there is no way to adapt Nikon F lenses to Pentax K without Image Quality degradation.

02-19-2022, 11:50 AM - 1 Like   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by i_trax Quote
no , there is no way to adapt Nikon F lenses to Pentax K without Image Quality degradation.
You can easily directly mount them but they only turn partially - this is a little insecure unless you modify the lens mount and even then it still is best for smaller lighter lenses.

Nikon 50 mm f/2 on Pentax K3 by -vanya_42nd-

IMGP1217 by -vanya_42nd-
02-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #6
amateur dirt farmer
Loyal Site Supporter

if you are interested in going a different direction, there was the Adaptist mount that allowed for Nikon (and several other lens mounts) lenses on Pentax bodies:

Adaptist PK+MM installation and usage - PentaxForums.com
02-19-2022, 05:52 PM   #7
Pentaxian

I'm in the process of cobbling together an adapter which, among other things, would allow me to mount Nikon lenses on Pentax bodies. That's not the main point of this item*, but an added bonus. It will not permit infinity focus, as it will act as a short extension tube, the result tbeing that the shorter the focal length of the lens mounted, the closer the far focus distance. At some given focallength, that focusing distance falls within the lens itself! For longer focal length lenses, one might still get some use out of them for shots that, while not at infinity, still focusing at a distance a good number of feet away. Theoretically.

* This adapter is going to be part of my macro relay system experiments. I'm travelling down a number of paths at the same time to see how they compare and where they end up. This Nikon/Pentax hybrid adapter is a small side-part of one of those paths. I'll post results in the Forums, and explain how Iand why put things together in the ways that I did. Ingredients are still arriving; then comes the work of putting them together to make things that will actually work! Stay tuned!

02-19-2022, 08:10 PM - 1 Like   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

To put myself out on a limb, I believe that there are only a handful of Nikon lenses that are possibly better than Pentax ones. This rating will mostly be subjective anyway. However beauty is in the eye of the beholder and the possibility of hitting the jackpot on a "find" drives our LBA.👍
02-20-2022, 09:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Thagomizer Quote
I'm in the process of cobbling together an adapter which, among other things, would allow me to mount Nikon lenses on Pentax bodies. That's not the main point of this item*, but an added bonus. It will not permit infinity focus, as it will act as a short extension tube, the result tbeing that the shorter the focal length of the lens mounted, the closer the far focus distance. At some given focallength, that focusing distance falls within the lens itself! For longer focal length lenses, one might still get some use out of them for shots that, while not at infinity, still focusing at a distance a good number of feet away. Theoretically.

* This adapter is going to be part of my macro relay system experiments. I'm travelling down a number of paths at the same time to see how they compare and where they end up. This Nikon/Pentax hybrid adapter is a small side-part of one of those paths. I'll post results in the Forums, and explain how Iand why put things together in the ways that I did. Ingredients are still arriving; then comes the work of putting them together to make things that will actually work! Stay tuned!
Small world ! I just happened to do similar.. posted some shots here

al
02-20-2022, 03:39 PM - 2 Likes   #10
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I purchased a Nikkor 105/2.5 AI-S from a user here a few years ago. It was permanently converted to K Mount. I love using the lens and don't mind it being fully manual.
02-21-2022, 02:14 AM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

You can adapt old MF Nikon (and Zeiss) lenses by changing the mount. Look for "Leitax" on the www.