Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-13-2007, 01:46 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma Lens for K10D

After considerable agonizing and reading more lens reviews than I care to think about I've about decided to purchase the Sigma 17-70 2.8-4.5 DC Macro to use as my primary lens and the Sigma 70-300 APO DG to use as a telephoto. I had originally been considering the new Tamron 18-250 Di-II, but the consensus seems to be that such an extreme zoom would not be as good as two separate lenses. Most of my photography other than the usual snapshots of my grandkids is outdoor scenery which the 17-70 should take care of, but my wife and I have a trip to Kenya scheduled for late May, and I want to have a reasonably priced telephoto to use when we go to the game park. Am I correct in thinking that the 70-300 on the K10D will be about the same as a 105-450 on a 35 mm camera? In other words is it going to give me considerably more magnification that the Tamron 18-250 lens? Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
care, k-mount, k10d, lens, pentax lens, sigma, sigma lens, slr lens, tamron, telephoto