Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-13-2008, 05:09 AM   #1
Forum Member

lens vignetting profiles

i am wondering if there are any presets or profiles for pentax lenses to correct vignetting and fringing in RAW post processing? of course the distortions differ depending of the focal lens and aperture so i havent gotten it quite precise on all the shots with manual adjustments.
i am using the latest adobe camera raw, unfortunately cant test the pentax raw software right now since i dont have the cd with me.

12-16-2008, 12:52 AM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
no ideas on this?
ok, let me rephrase.
what are you all using for raw processing? what do you think is the best way to get rid of color fringing and and vignetting on a large number of photos?
12-16-2008, 01:20 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
http://www.dxo.com
12-16-2008, 05:07 AM   #4
Forum Member

In apple's aperture you can apply a negative vignette to an appropriate photo, once its done to your satisfaction you can then lift the modification and apply it to any other photos you like in one go. I'd be shocked if lightroom cant do the same thing.

12-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by avian Quote
In apple's aperture you can apply a negative vignette to an appropriate photo, once its done to your satisfaction you can then lift the modification and apply it to any other photos you like in one go. I'd be shocked if lightroom cant do the same thing.
yeah you can but the problem is that photos have different level of vignetting so one setting is not suitable for all.
12-16-2008, 11:55 PM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by xhanatos Quote
thanks i will try this, looks interesting
12-17-2008, 09:13 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I think Bibble Pro have vignetting settings for a lot of different cameras and lenses too.

Edit: nm, the Pentax specific stuff is for distortion correction though their list is pretty extensive. The vignetting slider is generic and allows positive or negative values, so that'd be far better than a preset for a given lens since they're all different and lighting is never the same.

12-17-2008, 09:43 PM   #8
Forum Member

Original Poster
thanks, i will try that too.
i've been testing DxO and it does quite good job on my files. vignetting and distortions are completely eliminated. except for CA, which is not completely fixed so i think the best solution is to correct that later in ACR. also it sharpens a bit too much for my taste, resulting in increased noise. but thats easy to correct with reducing lens softness correction to about -0,9.
i wish they would add more pentax lenses aswell, fortunately mines were in the list.