Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 12 Likes Search this Thread
04-02-2022, 05:11 AM   #16
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by Rikoo Lah Quote
Okay Gatorguy
I will have a look today but the thing is that I'm living in France so I think the delivery costs are going to be more expensive than the product...

Have a good day
The pentax one likely will cost as much but, less durable.

And even if the pentax one cost less, it is almost sure it will break again not too far in future.

So, all things considered, the one from Fanotec will be much better value for €€€/£££/¥¥¥

04-02-2022, 05:35 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
When I bought the K-Q adaptor I opted not to get the foot. You can buy a tripod mount for a canon 100/2.8 macro which is a complete ring type mount on ebay. It might need a liner to get the diameter perfect, but there are knock offs cheap on ebay.

Do a search on tripod ring mounts

lens tripod mount ring: Search Result | eBay
04-02-2022, 08:25 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote
Fantastic news! It’s a much nicer foot.

The op will also need to order a plate to attach the foot to. I can’t recall but I think mine is 70, 85 or 100mm. I’m not home to check.
04-03-2022, 03:41 AM - 1 Like   #19
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Fantastic news! It’s a much nicer foot.

The op will also need to order a plate to attach the foot to. I can’t recall but I think mine is 70, 85 or 100mm. I’m not home to check.
You're right, something I neglected to do when I ordered. I've got an 85mm incoming, but now having to pay for shipping twice.

EDIT: I ordered yesterday morning, and just got a "package cleared by customs" email notice (Anchorage) with the plate scheduled for Wednesday delivery. That's fast!

04-03-2022, 06:06 PM   #20
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rikoo Lah Quote
Hello fellow Pentaxians,

How are you ?

I want to know if there is a way to replace the tripod collar delivered with the DA* 300m F4 because mine just broke while I was taking it out. I just unscrewed it because I didn't need it and one of the thing that goes inside the hole just broke. I am in the mountains so maybe this was because of the cold. But still I can't find a place where I could buy a new one.

I sent an email to Ricoh Pentax to know if this was covery by the warranty (I bought it less than 2 years ago ) but still no answer.

You can understand better by taking a look at the pictures.

Thank you so much guys

Take care

Not long after getting my lens I overtightened this clamp and broke the same piece. Here is a photo showing the break where I glued it back together to form a template, and made another piece from aluminum, while waiting for my Fanotec order to arrive. Still haven't installed the aftermarket clamp.

Name:  IMGP3132.JPG
Views: 95
Size:  517.3 KB

04-04-2022, 03:22 PM - 1 Like   #21
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Remember I said I had overlooked ordering a foot plate to go along with the new Fanotec mount? And that I ordered the 85mm one Saturday morning? I got home today and that plate was delivered!
07-07-2022, 02:58 PM   #22
Pentaxian

There's another option:
https://panosociety.com/products/lens-foot-lf1
https://panosociety.com/products/arca-swiss-plate

Source and images:
DigitalFotoNetz.de :: Thema anzeigen - SONDERANGEBOTE (nur Infos - keine Diskussionen!)

07-23-2022, 04:29 AM   #23
Pentaxian

I used the Fanotec when I still had the DFA300.
I always wondered why Fanotec made this foot at all. Nobody makes replacement feet for (current) Pentax gear. Can anyone enlighten me here?