Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-29-2022, 03:04 PM - 2 Likes   #1
Pentaxian

Nightaxians Episode 5 - Topic Bonanza! (Youtube video podcast)

Nightaxians Episode 5 - Topic Bonanza!

Thank you very much to those of you who have been tuning in. This is done out of a love for Pentax and night photography. Among numerous other things, this episode discusses lenses for night portrait photography, focusing on the Samyang 85mm. But it also touches on other various other topics. I hope you enjoy! Thanks!

Samyang 85mm, night portraits, lighthouses, Astrotracer, and more.

Night portrait. We touch upon using other lenses besides the Samyang, including the Pentax 28-105mm lens.

Fisheye night portrait. We touch upon the fisheye a bit here too.

03-29-2022, 03:15 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

You must have been pretty alone in and around Amboy in the middle of winter ... lol ! Keep up your work !

Regards
03-29-2022, 03:38 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by RICHARD L. Quote
You must have been pretty alone in and around Amboy in the middle of winter ... lol ! Keep up your work !

Regards
Haha! We mostly had the place to ourselves. One of the guys who ran the place was there and was really encouraging us to photograph the place. Super nice. Thank you very much. I appreciate all your encouragement. It's been a tough few weeks, so the encouragement really means a lot!
03-29-2022, 05:20 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ken Lee Quote
I hope you enjoy! Thanks!
Great work Ken. I saw the video. It featured mostly your work which is fantastic and inspirational. I was hoping to see samples of works from the other two photographers too. Keep up the good work. You have certainly mastered the art of night portraits and have given your subjects a unique look in a unique setting.

03-29-2022, 06:46 PM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
They look like album covers!
I mean that in the best of ways,
03-29-2022, 07:07 PM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
Great work Ken. I saw the video. It featured mostly your work which is fantastic and inspirational. I was hoping to see samples of works from the other two photographers too. Keep up the good work. You have certainly mastered the art of night portraits and have given your subjects a unique look in a unique setting.
There were a lot of photos from Tim's, including the lighthouse photos and those sorts of things, but for some reason, Mike's weren't there. The other ones showcase Mike's photos much more. We were just talking about this earlier today, how he didn't have very much photos, but I apparently he didn't submit them. Not sure.

Tim unfortunately couldn't display his night portraits because they were clients, but he had the other lighthouse photos and other things.

Those night portraits are actually the first time I've ever done them for people. I've had people help me with selfies, so I knew the general principle, but this was the first time I put it all together with the light painting and all the different techniques and everything. I knew it would work - in theory - but I was rather nervous about doing it all the same since it was still my first time!!! Thankfully, they look decent.

---------- Post added 03-29-22 at 07:09 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by K-Three Quote
They look like album covers!
I mean that in the best of ways,
Thanks. They are definitely for some sort of promotional thing, but if they want to use them for album covers or singles, that would be great! I was super happy to do it for them, and they love the way they came out. i put them up on my website and hope to do more night portraits who love to have their photos come out more on the, uh, unusual side, haha!!