Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 10 Likes Search this Thread
04-12-2022, 05:06 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redrockcoulee Quote
Not heavy rain often more like every mists. I was in both last fall. In the Fareos you do need a wide angle lens much more than a long one.

31mm won't be sufficient for Faroe islands?
What about something like shooting a panorama with the 31?

04-13-2022, 05:12 PM - 1 Like   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
31mm won't be sufficient for Faroe islands?
What about something like shooting a panorama with the 31?
Blowing water and horizintal waterfalls may be hard. I dont do stitching so I can not really comment.

Perpare for strong winds. And have good footwear.
04-14-2022, 03:40 AM - 1 Like   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by hadi Quote
Reason for wr is I plan on doing lots of long exposure. The conditions of Faroe islands and Iceland, from what I've seen, and heard, is unrelentless. Random rain storms, and spray. It's hard to predict what the conditions are like.
As an Icelander this is something that I find to be funny. We joke that we get four types of in a day but all of those weathers are mild.

The weather in Iceland is typically mild. Not too hot, not too cold. Not too much sun and not too much rain. Maybe a little bit too windy but not a storm. That is on a typical day.

There are of course storms that happen, those will be known many days in advance. Most of these occur in September to April. Summer weather is rather predictable.

These are not random events that happen out of the blue. Mild sprays maybe. Heavy rainstorms no.

Just check the Iceland Met office website while you are here Home-page - Icelandic Meteorological Office | Icelandic Meteorological office.

I am sure there is a Faroese equivalent.
04-14-2022, 12:17 PM - 1 Like   #19

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ToddK Quote
You might consider picking up an Irix 15mm Blackstone which is full frame, water resistant, and can take either screw-on front filters or gel ND filters at the rear.
I'll second that. The rear gel filters are cheap and work great. (filters on the rear do not need to phase flat over a large region).
And on a long exposure photograph, who needs auto focus? (the Irix is manual focus).