Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-14-2008, 03:19 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Problem with SMC FA 50 f1.4

Hi! I'm sorry if I the problem I want to mention was described anywhere else(which I couldn't find anyway) but it is something that makes me a bit nervous..

After 2 months or so I decided to use my smc fa-50 f.14 on my k10d. It's (almost) brand new, used only few times but when I was using it before, I didn't find any problems... until today.
I treat lenses carefuly and keep them in a safe place, where nothing/no one can damage them. When I put the fa50 on dslr I noticed that when I move the camera from left to right, something seems to click inside the lens.
I tried to 'examine' the problem and found that it happens only when the apperture lever is pushed(as if it was mounted on the camera or the lens was wide open). Of course it has no impact on focus or apperture but it is very annoying. Nothing is moving inside, at least nothing that can be seen. When it comes to apperture ring and blades, it works perfect.

I still don't know what to think of it. Is it something I should take under consideration and service the lens or forget it and enjoy taking photos with it?

Did it happen to anyone else? Please help.

12-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #2
Pentaxian

The FA50/1.4 is a bit of a sloppy lens. Get used to it.