Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-12-2022, 11:44 AM - 4 Likes   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Walking to office in limited company...

Glad to keep the HD FA 21/2.4 in my bag.
Minimal processing as always with this lens, just pulling the highlights a bit.
(Hmm... attachments are butchered to jpeg 85% quality, need to figure a decent way to post photos here)

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-1 Mark II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
04-12-2022, 11:52 AM - 1 Like   #2
Digitiser of Film
Loyal Site Supporter

Lovely images, Alin. The rendering from that lens is just so nice, and these photos show it off very well
04-12-2022, 10:02 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Great set. Enough detail and a pretty nice bokeh for a wide. The color is natural and beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
04-13-2022, 05:22 AM   #4
Pentaxian

I like it! Especially the last one.

04-14-2022, 05:10 PM   #5
Veteran Member

I find it interesting, this ultra-wide lens being designed with amazing close-focus capabilities. Its other characteristics suggest this to be a major feature, including that the central area is optimized at wider apertures for highest quality. Bokeh is likewise amazing. The review suggests stopping down a bit for landscapes or when needing edge-to-edge uniform quality to produce best results. But then, one does not usually shoot such scenes wide open anyway. Yet I have seen photos made with this lens where the edges look quite fine wide open. I would like to see more landscape shots from this lens on display. It would be a great choice to carry along with the DFA 28-105mm or a number of other lenses..

I would also be very interested to see in-depth testing, full sharpness, edge-to-edge, flair, ghosting, etc.- given as a studied comparison between this lens on a K-1 II and the DA HD 15mm f/4 Limited on a KP or K-3 III. Both would present about the same FOV on these perspective cameras. I have the DA HD 15mm Ltd, and use it regularly on my KP, where it delivers very fine performance and is a perfect match. It is amazing, especially considering its incredibly compact size.

Last edited by mikesbike; 04-14-2022 at 09:03 PM.