Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-13-2009, 09:35 AM   #16
Igilligan

Hi Hin - a special request...

Hi Hin... nice test shots with your new 'replacement' attempt for the Lady Queen... Knowing that the hunt will go on... Let me please be the first in line for this lens when you dump her for the next Lady Queen imitator...

I am in full on lens buying crazy time again... And I have been trying to get a good copy of this one.

Last edited by Igilligan; 02-13-2009 at 10:52 AM.
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MattKamineko Quote
Unfortunately, the aperture is stuck wide open, like lbam's lens. Am I likely to be able to fix this problem myself or is it a job for the shop? (and is it worth it)
It is definitely worth getting it fixed. The lens has a good resale value and even copies advertised on ebay as faulty fetch a fair bit (in the UK, £50 as opposed to in excess of £100 for a good copy).

It all depends on what is stopping the blades from moving, of course, as to whether you can do it yourself. But it is easy to open uip the lens (there are just three screws on the back, just make sure that you tape the aperture ring to the body first to prevent you from removing it and losing the detente ball and spring). The aperture ring couples with a lever that moves the blades - it may be just that someone opened it up out of interest and didn't put it back again right.

The best thing to do is search the manual focus forum - there are plenty of threads there about repairing Fleks. Or you could open it up, and take some pictures of the diaphragm and the levers that move it, and post them on the manual focus forum for advice.

Richard
02-14-2009, 09:02 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Thanks the advice. I've had a look on that forum and I've had a go at cleaning the aperture.

It looks like there's some hidden friction and a spring problem which I can't fix, but I've at least got the blades to move. It looks like I can use stops in the range f/4-13 with it set to M (but heaven knows if the numbers still match up correctly) and it fully opens to f/2.4 on A. It'll do.
02-28-2009, 08:02 PM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I just got one of these (Thanks wallyb!) and so far am very impressed. I love the idea of a 1:2 macro normal lens for my K100d, and can't wait to tote it around once it finally gets nice outside. I'd love to know how it stacks up agaist the DA 35 macro optically, a quick test at f/4 in a sunlit room showed about equal performance with my DA 40mm, which I rate quite highly. No AF, of course, and you have to fiddle with an adapter, but it does cover "full frame"!

09-05-2009, 02:22 AM   #20

carl zeiss

I have just bid for one of those lenses. If I get it I'll let you know. Are you still using it? Mal Grosch UK
09-06-2009, 07:08 PM - 1 Like   #21

You can follow this link to see some of my test shot with this lens.
Although minimum distance written on the lens is just 0.2m, but in fact, you can get closer, may be about 5cm i think
09-08-2009, 11:28 AM - 1 Like   #22
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Mal Grosch Quote
I have just bid for one of those lenses. If I get it I'll let you know. Are you still using it? Mal Grosch UK
It is a wonderful lens to have especially if you get a good copy. I have sold mine due to overlap with Pentax DA 35mm f/2.8 1:1 macro limited. While both lens in Fektogon 35mm and Pentax DA 35mm limited can't match up the status quote for the Pentax FA 31mm f/1.8. They are quite competent and they excel over the 31mm in terms of close up, easier on the wallet, comfort of heavy using day-to-day, and smaller size to bring along like a small 50mm.

Thanks,
Hin

Last edited by hinman; 09-08-2009 at 04:32 PM.
09-08-2009, 04:19 PM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
Sieg said:
"Although minimum distance written on the lens is just 0.2m, but in fact, you can get closer, may be about 5cm i think"
Hey Sieg, beautiful photo you have posted on the other thread which shows one main attraction of this lens very well I think.

About the distances, these are always given relative to the film(sensor) plane. The Flek's front end on full macro position could be
around 15cm away from the sensor, plus 5cm and voilą there's the 20cm.

___________________________Heavy crop and some PP from the MC Flek 2.4/35 on K100D___________________________

Best, Georg (the other)

09-08-2009, 05:13 PM   #24

This lens is one of my personal favorites. Very sharp with excellent color reproduction. The close focusing capabilities are icing on the cake. This is a B&W I took with this lens. I have some color shots somewhere.

Herman & Venus
Indiana University, Bloomington

Last edited by Angevinn; 09-08-2009 at 05:20 PM.
09-08-2009, 05:53 PM   #25

QuoteOriginally posted by georgweb Quote
About the distances, these are always given relative to the film(sensor) plane. The Flek's front end on full macro position could be
around 15cm away from the sensor, plus 5cm and voilą there's the 20cm.
you're right Georg, i said 5cm it meant 5cm from the object to the font element . By that, i believe it will very easy to imagine the can-do ability of the lens :ugh:
10-27-2009, 12:21 PM   #26
Pentaxian

Ah, I was going to sell mine, but after some test shots decided no. Here's a few:
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K100D Super  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
View Picture EXIF
11-05-2009, 09:12 PM   #27
Pentaxian

Aw heck, I decided to sell mine after all. I had it on the marketplace here for a long time with no interest, so now it is on eBay. A goody copy, at a very good price, now!

Carl Zeiss Jena 35mm f2.4 Flektogon lens M42 screwmount - eBay (item 180426251028 end time Nov-07-09 17:00:03 PST)
11-06-2009, 08:10 AM   #28

I got my Flektogon 35mm a while ago but only took it out shooting last weekend on my *istD, and I have to say I'm really liking it. A couple of shots, both I seem to remember wide open at f2.4

100% crop from the last pic

11-06-2009, 08:41 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Indianadinos Quote
Hi Hinman,

I bought mine almost two years ago, when they were really cheap ...

I mostly agree with your impressions, this is a really nice lens (i really like the way its bokeh is rendered), it was my preferred 35mm until i got an SMC Takumar 35/2 ... The only point i have with it is that sometimes i would like a little less contrast (although this is quickly fixed when developing the raw files) ...

Best regards
Do you prefer the 35/2 takumar to the zeiss? I have the tak and have considered switching out, but I love the takumar between f2.8-f4...it's rendering is wonderful.